back pack blower

hedgesparrow

well my old and trusted sthil br86 recoil broke and fan fins worn out due to abuse by me trying to suck up leaves with grit in.

now being fixed but had to go when in middle of clearing a footpath.

so had no choice and went and got a back pack blower. used a sthil was ok and tried a husky very good. but price was a factor. then was offered by forest and arb a PB770 echo £400 inc vat what a machine. why did i not get one a long time ago the power of it is amazing blew the mud out of the weeds and ivy on footpath so all i had to do was cut the ivy off leaves just blew them into hedgeoff the footpath. i also do a footpath every 12 weeks which is a mess horses use it so you know what mud all over it. with little one 2 tanks and a hours work to clear. with beastie today 1/4 tank 10 mins to do job. went down one ffotpath and up other and still had half a tank.

if looking for a new blower then get a echo worth it and 2 years warrenty on it unlike the sthil 1 year.

Echo.

I've got a Stihl Br430 plenty of power in it, only marginally less airflow than the 500 so is essentially Stihl's second most powerful blower. Doesn't have 4 mix if you're worried about it breaking or whatever. I got mine for £400 the RRP is £470.

Only issue is there is an air leak or something near where your wrist sits when using the throttle, a BR500 and one of the BR600's I've used has had the same thing so I don't know if that's a design flaw or some type of overflow outlet.

Just got the biggest of the husky blowers and what a beast it is, 2 problems.

1 it's quite bulky but so are all backpack units.

2 it actually lifted the tarmac on the footpath I was clearing off after today's job :D:thumbup:

I think it is much better I think than a stihl br600 that iv borrowed and a LOT less vibration both on your back and on the handle.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

i have the misfurtune to have the use of a bg86 wen subbing for a chap ,its perthetic compared to a bk/pk,never go back :thumbup1:

They may have more blow but I can't agree with you. I had a back pack blower and found it hard to carry about in the landy, it had to be in the back with chip getting a soaking if raining and dirty from the chip. The BG 86 fits in my tool box in the landy body and still gives a good blowie.

http://www.pmhtreesurgeons.com

thats the draw back with them there bulky. like to have a strap across middle to hold the shoulder straps on. and are heavy. but compared to the baby sthil. of all the jobs i have done with sthil. if i had the echo i could of finished jobs quicker maybe less work shoveling leaves. now i do have it will be worked hard. but the sthil will still be of use were the back pack will get in way.

and as other posts takes up back cab of pick up.

yet to lift tarmac but was lifting the mud and dirt off pavements.

I recon it saved over an hour today on tidy up of a big driveway, but not advised to use blowers while on crutches as you might end up on you back in a hedge :eek:

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.