Open all hours

Dean Lofthouse

Night before last I had someone ring for a quote at 9:10pm, the latest I've had has been around 11pm.

Just had one an hour ago, bearing in mind it's Sunday and it's lunch time, possibly (nooky time excluded) the most sacred and family time for not being disturbed.

Whilst I really do appreciate the business Mr and Mrs potential client, I do also appreciate a little time to myself. So please can you not phone on a Sunday and give me at least the pleasure of one phone call free day. :001_smile:

Thank you

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with you there dean....

what i hate most is when people phone up asking (how much do you charge to take down a tree)????????????

then i reply, (it would be best if i can come and have a look)

there reply to that is(no i just want a quote over the phone)

i then explain (i cant quote over the phone as i would need to see the tree and its surroundings)

they then say (ok ill ring someone else)

bloody doylems must have nothing better to do

Part n parcel of working for yourself. I,ve been out pricing for two hours today and all I really wanted to do is have a day to ourselves. Not complaining though, just glad when the phone does ring.

Can't turn the work down Mick your right, but it could ring during the week so you have something to do during the week instead of twiddling thumbs.

I run my business allowing one full day during the week for pricing, but you can guarantee they will wait till 5pm friday to ring you for a quote. :001_tongue:

I personally wouldn't dream of phoning a business on a Sunday or late evening. It just goes to show how selfish and inconsiderate people are nowadays.