afag 401

taffupatree

Not sure if this has been covered before (sorry if it has.) Took a look at the new guidance notes today and the first thing that grabbed me is the cover(obviously.) More in point the amount of kit the guy was taking up with him. in my opinion a bit excessive. I take strop, cambium saver and maybe a redirect.find i can handle most things wit that.

what kit do other people take up with them?

It does look like alot of stuff. If you check out honey brothers website their tree motion pictures have tons of stuff on too.

Is the tree motion primarily used by hoarders?:001_tongue:

I take the least i can, you can always get stuff sent up. All i take are cambium saver, strop/flipline and a small sling with a lowering carbabiner which gets used for all sorts.

side strop with rope grab, mini first aid pouch, silky and occasionly a cabium saver (if the trees wet and slimy, like my ropes clean LOL) and somtimes a re-direct, depends on the job in hand. But usually keep things simple, as others have said you can usually get thing sent up as you need them

8m lanyard stuffed in a silverbull dity bag, 4 revolvers with 2 dyneema slings one long one short for redirects or making 3-1 advantage systems etc. 1 large biner for various stuff also takes the place of a fig 8 as i can use a munter to descend with it. Another sling and biner for lowering and a mini prussik.

A homemade friction saver which i use on every single climb no matter what, i'll never natural crotch.

I use a sawpod for my Silky my silky is the single most used cutting instrument i own more than my 200t

I use everything on my harness at least once a week and i don't want to be calling down for it.

Oh yes and i climb on a treemotion, maybe that says something about me!

All the gear and no idea, perhaps.

For me all the crap on my harness and in my kit bag is there because i get bored easily, i'm under no illusion that you need all that junk on your harness to do this job.

For me i get excited (yes i know its a little sad) by finding different and novel ways of carrying out repetitive tasks, i also find it makes me better equiped to tackle some potentially very difficult situations i encounter with ease, speed and safety by finding alternate soloutions to a problem.