poplar tree crane removal

testcricket01

had this tree to crane out today,40tonner crane. had me and adam bourne up the tree with dan and gareth smith on the deck, adam did most of the hard work slinging and i just lazed about cutting them off. got started about 9 o clock had the tree down by 1pm ish with a tea break in-between. had a quality day with some good banter cant beat playing around with a crane :thumbup: missed the couple of lifts as my battary died but gareth or adam may have some footage or pics. cheers for today guys. :thumbup1:

IMG_0508.jpg.82a638223cf76c6c261d85368f18f694.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg.fbcc43f2a1b74ecce5c91ec1865d55dc.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg.4916ee211c0571698ef6cca82037f7a7.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you decide if its cost effective to use a crane? Surely another company will quote without and will be much cheaper.

I like the bit where the saw got stuck. I was waiting for the jib up signal:001_smile:

the cost of a crane is £380+vat so it hasn't even got to save us a day to be cost effective, if people can under quote us they are welcome to the job as we would only want that job if were using a crane simples. they had a cheaper quote but decided that we were worth the extra cash to get it done quickly and safely :001_smile:

Davies

I forgot that we'd used B&A last time, got them mixed up and didn't realise till after i'd sent in the quote.

didn't matter as we won the work any how, but had to then turn it away as we couldn't do it soon enough.

Wish I'd got the right guys as he's been a bit of a pain in the bum (long story)