Tarp top

cordwood

With a tarp, wont all the dust blow back out? Netting would be better wouldn't it?

my dads friend made me one up years ago, was ok but with the small toe behinds it would never blast it in tightly so you would have to climb under and shove it about, then water would lie on it and make it sag, i would recommend a small front skip about 4 feet coming over the top at the front, and a brush, i got fed up with it myself personally and took the harp off. i think it got burnt:ohmy:

Just ring your local tarpaulin/cover makers that do wagon sheets and curtain sides etc. :001_smile:

Or don't bother at all. If its a tipper just tip it up and chip over the back rather than through the doors, you wont get much overspill, unless you really want to load it level to the top.

Just ring your local tarpaulin/cover makers that do wagon sheets and curtain sides etc. :001_smile:

Or don't bother at all. If its a tipper just tip it up and chip over the back rather than through the doors' date=' you wont get much overspill, unless you really want to load it level to the top.[/quote']

its all in the operator, keep a snow shovel or rake in the back, when it starts to ricochet about give the pile a push about, he who spilss the most brush it upy, i used to have bother with lads just letting blow everywhere, let them make a right mess last thing friday, and make them go over the place with a fine tooth comb and no blower, they soon learn:001_smile:

my dads friend made me one up years ago, was ok but with the small toe behinds it would never blast it in tightly so you would have to climb under and shove it about, then water would lie on it and make it sag, i would recommend a small front skip about 4 feet coming over the top at the front, and a brush, i got fed up with it myself personally and took the harp off. i think it got burnt:ohmy:

A "skip" that was the term i was looking for!

Got a couple of quote's today, hardly big money to get one custom made. Cheapest £30 then £50 and last £150 plus vat!! Don't know what they were making the last one out of though.

It's only a small 6 inch chipper i have, so i will just need to move the chip to get a decent load on! Thank's for the input guy's.

A "skip" that was the term i was looking for!

Got a couple of quote's today, hardly big money to get one custom made. Cheapest £30 then £50 and last £150 plus vat!! Don't know what they were making the last one out of though.

It's only a small 6 inch chipper i have, so i will just need to move the chip to get a decent load on! Thank's for the input guy's.

in my experience in making high sides with checker plate or galvy steel. you would need to buy 2 8x4 sheets, and there was always a couple of small thin bits left over, depending on how high you made them. and they would use these bits for the skip.:001_smile: put the skip on with r pins so they can be taken off if you are taking the sides down or using the van for other things mate