Looking for arborist/miller in West Berkshire RG7.

Sinbad99

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get some trees taken down and preferably one or two of them milled on site.

Private property, decent access. Postcode RG7; between Tadley and Mortimer

3 dead oak trees, 1 dead/dying willow

The willow tree is in amongst a planted border so would need to be taken down in sections.

Two of the oak trees are relatively simple but the 3rd one is a bit of a monster (to my eyes).

Ideally I am looking for someone to take down the two larger oak trees and mill them into planks and beams. The sections that are not suitable for milling to be cut into firewood sized logs (I can split them at a later date). The other oak and willow tree to be taken down and cut into firewood logs.

Here's a photo of the big one. The rest are tiny compared to this. I can take photos of the others tomorrow.

I'm posting on here as I've found the site invaluable for gleaning information on equipment, safety and tree felling........and wanted to give something back to the contributors who help to make the site useful.

So I’m looking for someone who can do the job and who contributes to the site with their posts. If you could contact me with a pm in the first instance that would be great.

Also, if I can find someone on here, I’m happy to be transparent with the cost and post photo’s up if they are willing to be applauded/ridiculed by the rest of arbtalk :001_smile: BUT also happy not to disclose if the person\company prefers.

<a href=924b43af-e87d-4b20-bb19-e711cd3aa012_zps

5 answers to this question

They are likely to be a lot more solid and the timber should be pretty sound, so long as there is nothing up the middle which is not visible from the photos.

On the milling side, some dimensions would help (length and diameter) as this will determine what kit is needed to do it. The other thing to think about is your 'cutting list'. The thinner the section you are wanting, the more cuts, so the more time milling.

Alec