personal injury insurance

shabz1978

hey all, how many of you pay for personal injury insurance? is it worth considering? i have always thought of any insurance as a waste of money, but i'm starting to think that it could be a good idea, and i've no idea about the subject.

How much does it cost and are the benifits worth the price should you have to make a claim?

I too have thought about this a couple of times,especially as i naffed my back up twice last year and im only 25! Caused me to have a fair bit of time off work and got me thinking about wot if it was more serious? My boss is now looking into a policy where its taken out your wages each week. Ive always just thought its just a waste of money too. Just keep eatin painkillers like skittles and get on with it haha

I don't think i've ever been off that long! it'd have to be serious, or i'd never get to claim!

Guess you been getting pestered by the many companys selling it.

LoL, no i keep hearing about accidents and don't fancy being on the wrong end of one:scared1:

i think you're right though. saving has to be better than giving money to people who are clearly making money out of you. I'll try an ISA instead i think.

i kinda wonder if they would ever pay out anyway, if i have an accident then i have probably done something wrong!!:blushing:

CICA combined insurers of america or somehting alway shave reps at motocross tracks they pay big if you break bones (£1000 a piece) or have operations and/or do time but otherwise it isn't that lucrative. worth having though.

I have insuranc through them now, due to company i am with only pay stat sick pay.

I used them years ago when I was a subby, the good thing is they cover you even if your involved in dangerous sports, they paid out when we wrote the rally car off in the 90s and i wrecked my back.

Funny point though, I now do caving as a hobby and they cover that but they would'nt cover you if you were into rock climbing.

Simple answer to the question first posted though, get some form of insurance if your sick pay wouldn't cover your bills, and cica are probably one of the better ones

I too have thought about this a couple of times,especially as i naffed my back up twice last year and im only 25! Caused me to have a fair bit of time off work and got me thinking about wot if it was more serious? My boss is now looking into a policy where its taken out your wages each week. Ive always just thought its just a waste of money too. Just keep eatin painkillers like skittles and get on with it haha

Be wary as if you injure yourself, then quite often they put in a clause, so that you are not covered if the old injury redevelops.

hey all, how many of you pay for personal injury insurance? is it worth considering? i have always thought of any insurance as a waste of money, but i'm starting to think that it could be a good idea, and i've no idea about the subject.

How much does it cost and are the benifits worth the price should you have to make a claim?

There is a difference between PI insurance and Accident insurance. I don't have the former but for £24 a month I would get £6,000 for a broken leg, hip or £3,000 for a broken hand etc; stuff like that. All major injuries are covered. The exclusions mention rock climbing and mountaineering but not arboriculture! Hope this helps but mainly remember that in insurance terms PI and Accident aren't the same thing.