Collecting leaves

zeroluke

I've a job on tomorrow. The garden is 31m long and 25m wide. Blowing leaves into long rows n then rake / vacuum them up with a stihl mulcher vac, take the leaves away etc. £55-60 quid sound fair, I don't think it will take that long? I was working it out the same as for grass cutting at £15 per 100m2, but that seemed excessive so I dropped the rate - i didn't want customers to think I was ripping them off..

Edited by zeroluke

Depends how many leaves there are, you can find you spend more time emptying the bag than running the mower. We've tried all sorts of methods over the years and the quickest/most effective seems to be to blow them all in to a pile and put them in ton bags or straight into a tipper/tipping trailer if you can get close enough to them.

R

Job done. nearly one square kilometer..I blew them into long piles, rode along side and raked em onto a tarpaulin and chucked em on the back and stamp it down, repeat along with blowing strays into the pile and 3 n half hours later, over two days, and two full ( netted sides n top so they don't escape ) later they're gone. I got 90 quid in the end. I worked it out o be around 12 quid per 100m/2. A few of them a week over winter would keep me earning..and aching. They're still falling off the tree but he is happy with the garden as it is, wants the back garden area doing next week and a few other odds n sods :)

Edited by zeroluke