Chainsaw ban!

Mark Bolam

Does anyone wish some loony would run amok with a chainsaw he'd just walked in and bought from B&Q or Argos?

Knee jerk reaction from government would be to ban general sale, tighten restrictions etc.

The have a go hero's would be forced to revert back to bow saws and we could all crack on and reap the rewards our industry has long deserved!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds good but they would still buy them second hand or steal them! i think it is just unfortunate that the public will employ them. but the vast majority of people just think anyone can do our job.:sneaky2:

there will always be cowboys just as there will always be indians (ying yang, karma, blah blah):001_cool:

I think more could be done by the government or hse etc to make the public aware of the issues surrounding this area, you wouldnt risk using a non corgi registered gas fitter, so how about the same kind of thing for tree work?

this is what ive been saying for ages now. The public should be aware of rules an regulations. Like you say, we dont let just anyone mess with our gas or electricity and the public know full well. Need to do a rogue traders programme or some sort of shocking tv advert campaign to show the risks and then we will all have to pay the money and become AA or ISA or some other governing body registered. Public awareness is the problem not buying chainsaws in B&Q.

Does ( for example) a 55 year old home owner not have the right to saw up firewood on his own property with his own chainsaw???? I believe he has every right and shouldnt need to be qualified, insured and registered to do so.

and going back to the original question. NO I DONT WISH SOMEONE WOULD "RUN AMOCK" WITH A CHAINSAW. If by this you mean some sort of a killing rampage then your insane. Why on earth would you wish for innocent people to die or be seriously injured just so you would get more work. Mental.

Does ( for example) a 55 year old home owner not have the right to saw up firewood on his own property with his own chainsaw???? I believe he has every right and shouldnt need to be qualified, insured and registered to do so.

This is the same as I can do with a Gas Boiler. Everyone thinks you need to be Corgi REgistered to work on Gas. You can work on your own Gas but not on anyone elses. Maybe this could be the same with Chainsaws but like has been said doesn't stop your average cowboy breaking the rules. They do it with gas so doing it whilst "lopping" a few trees what difference would it make to a cowboy.