Where to dispose of green waste in Brighton and hove

chris1682

Hi all.

I've got a garden clearance job in hove next week(i don't normally work in that area).

does anyone know where i can dispose of the waste? As im trade and I have a big trailer I know the local council tips won't let me in. Is there any sites that I can legally pay and dump the waste off or is open to the trade?

Many thanks

Hi all.

I've got a garden clearance job in hove next week(i don't normally work in that area).

does anyone know where i can dispose of the waste? As im trade and I have a big trailer I know the local council tips won't let me in. Is there any sites that I can legally pay and dump the waste off or is open to the trade?

Many thanks

Either the composting facility at Beddingham (on the A26 just north of Newhaven) - £19/half tonne. Or KPS at Isfield (just north of Lewes) or Pease Pottage. £15/half tonne when I went in there a few weeks back. Both KPS and Countrystyle take trade green waste and have weighbridges.

Hi all.

Many thanks

Its a bit of a treck but they are by far the cheapest I know of -- Stubbs cops at Cross bush near Arundell . Sadly they are no relation to me !

Its a bit of a treck but they are by far the cheapest I know of -- Stubbs cops at Cross bush near Arundell . Sadly they are no relation to me !

£7.20 per cubic metre! Not that cheap really for normal garden waste. When we're doing clearance work, all loose stuff, brash etc, then we can end up with 6 cubic metres in the, squashed down and it weighs well under a tonne. On a tonnage rate at KPS it would cost £36 (incl vat) to dispose of, but doing it by cubic metres then it would be at least £43.60 (incl vat), probably more by the time our squashed in stuff has sprung out into a heap of 15 cubic metres :001_smile: Guess it's all much of a muchness, and if Chris is heading back Arundel way then it makes sense to go there, and if heading north then KPS would make sense.

An alternative would be to try the Brighton Community Compost Centre at Stanmer Park, just on the edge of Brighton. See BCCC. Never been there myself as we try to avoid Brighton whenever possible!

£7.20 per cubic metre! Not that cheap really for normal garden waste. When we're doing clearance work, all loose stuff, brash etc, then we can end up with 6 cubic metres in the, squashed down and it weighs well under a tonne. On a tonnage rate at KPS it would cost £36 (incl vat) to dispose of, but doing it by cubic metres then it would be at least £43.60 (incl vat), probably more by the time our squashed in stuff has sprung out into a heap of 15 cubic metres :001_smile: Guess it's all much of a muchness, and if Chris is heading back Arundel way then it makes sense to go there, and if heading north then KPS would make sense.

An alternative would be to try the Brighton Community Compost Centre at Stanmer Park, just on the edge of Brighton. See BCCC. Never been there myself as we try to avoid Brighton whenever possible!

Ok . Its chip we tip at Stubbs cops . our chip box full up is way cheaper than KPS but did not know the rate for un processed green wast . John Pitts at Woodhorn is even more than KPS so don't go there any more .