Epic Hills

treedweller

Last thursday i was on my way upto the folks place in Dumfrieshire from my home in Lancashire and decided to take the senic route as my old firewood bus dont really like motorways. So i Followed the A6 through the lakes, sun shining radio on taking a nice steady pace and all the time in the world. Until i went through Kendal heading up towards Shap!! Sweet baby Jesus that is one of the longest steepest hills iv ever encounted. The tranny was screaming it's gonads off, down into 4th then about 3/4 of the way up into 3rd. I now know why that layby is strategically placed at the top lol.

There must be a few people on here that know it well i would of thought.

Anybody know of another epic hill that will rival this one? Lets here your story!!

Think yourself lucky you had a reasonably modern vehicle, back in the day lorry drivers had no other option when steering was armdraulic, and engine power was a fraction of what they have now. When men were men.........

HAHA when i was i kid we used to stop at Tebay services on th m6 and my granddad used to tell me about when he got his first tractor unit and the M6 hadn't been built. He used to have to go the same route up the A6. The unit was an international and the cab was made of wood LOL