I hate working on building sites

eggsarascal

Iv'e been working on a building site today and seen something really dangerous. There was a 360 loading a muckaway truck, when the 360 driver dropped the first bucket full of spoil into the truck the bucket came off the machine and landed in the back off the truck. the 360 driver did not seem to be bothered he just reattached the bucket and carried on loading. This fool carried on slewing the bucket over the top of two lads who were working on a soakaway. No wonder there are so many accidents in the construction industry!!!!!!

Oh and yes i did report it to the site agent, he spoke to the machine driver and within five minutes it was business as usual :confused1:

I know exactly what you mean Eggsy...i saw a guy fall through a concrete floor yesterday and after he brushed himself off he continued to lift the lid off a mini digger engine cover and put his hand in.....next thing you know he,s stuck his finger into the fan and it,s chopped his finger:confused1: he was taken off site to A&E.....He was the Forman! where do they get these people?? It,s another world......

Yeah, building sites are terrible. Good job qualified arbs are all so perfect and would never drop several hundred kilos of limb onto the deck in a gateway without making sure there's a proper exclusion zone and road closure in place.

I'm not an arborist, my work is drainage!

I'm not an arborist, my work is drainage!

Shame you're not a bit closer to me. I've got 2 brand new, unused, inspection chambers with risers and covers for 160mm pipe, and a couple of lengths of 160mm pipe as well.6 inch pipe too - up for grabs as surplus to requirements and Mrs keeps nagging at me for hording!

Iv'e been working on a building site today and seen something really dangerous. There was a 360 loading a muckaway truck, when the 360 driver dropped the first bucket full of spoil into the truck the bucket came off the machine and landed in the back off the truck. the 360 driver did not seem to be bothered he just reattached the bucket and carried on loading. This fool carried on slewing the bucket over the top of two lads who were working on a soakaway. No wonder there are so many accidents in the construction industry!!!!!!

Oh and yes i did report it to the site agent, he spoke to the machine driver and within five minutes it was business as usual :confused1:

Seriously. All my training is telling me this guy should be off site. If that bucket was not properly secured on the machine in the first place his training is off.

No worker should be under a machine that is working. As with the arb work an exclusion zone should always be present. There should be one depending on machine size so that anyone is clear if the machine should fail. The only exception to this rule is when doing deep excavation work in which only one worker is allowed in the hole and one spotter is above ground in clear view of digger operating and in constant contact with the worker in hole.

Escape equipment should always be present incase of cave in or collapse of hole.

I've had a bucket come off on me before and I really wouldn't want to be under it.

A bit like saying my chain came off today because I didn't tension it.

Seriously. All my training is telling me this guy should be off site. If that bucket was not properly secured on the machine in the first place his training is off.

No worker should be under a machine that is working. As with the arb work an exclusion zone should always be present. There should be one depending on machine size so that anyone is clear if the machine should fail. The only exception to this rule is when doing deep excavation work in which only one worker is allowed in the hole and one spotter is above ground in clear view of digger operating and in constant contact with the worker in hole.

Escape equipment should always be present incase of cave in or collapse of hole.

I've had a bucket come off on me before and I really wouldn't want to be under it.

A bit like saying my chain came off today because I didn't tension it.

You start off by saying "all my training is telling me this guy should be off site". Then you go on to say i've had a bucket come off on me before :confused1:

Maybe you need better training.

Safety legislation doesn't make things any safer.

It just means stupidity becomes a criminal offense.

How we eliminate stupidity when it spreads up the chain of command is anyone's guess.

Just keep thinking what COULD happen and avoid the risk.

As the poster says - If you think Health and Safety is a pain - try having an accident!