Saw troubles

SHENK34

Hi guys does any1 have any knowledge of Abbey Gardens, I purchased a husqavarna 550xp in may from them , sent it back due to problems and now they tell me due to the oil mix its knackerd! Thing is the guy im working with is using the same fuel in both his husqi and sthil and there running fine ????

Any similar issues anywhere else i wonder ???

Hi guys does any1 have any knowledge of Abbey Gardens, I purchased a husqavarna 550xp in may from them , sent it back due to problems and now they tell me due to the oil mix its knackerd! Thing is the guy im working with is using the same fuel in both his husqi and sthil and there running fine ????

Any similar issues anywhere else i wonder ???

When they say "its knackered" do they mean the pot and piston are scored because there was not enough oil in the mix ? When you took it back did it still have mix in the tank ? If it did it can be tested to check the ratio . Sounds odd that your mate is using the same mix and his saws are o.k. You need specifics really . Its knackered is a blanket statement .

I would expect some images of the offending damage to the bore and piston. Dealers may not salvage the pot as I know can often be done, it may be able to clean it up and fit a new piston rather than get a £250 parts bill plus labour.

I have had one saw in that seized and I know it had no air leak and the carb was set correctly so you can get problems like this, we put it down to fuel and I got it going again and set it rich - perhaps the 550XP was just running that bit hotter than the other saws - the new Huskys do run pretty hard.

im still waiting on an exact account of issues regarding saw abbey garden are being very cagy indeed. Although i was told by a chap that husqavarna recalled numerouse saws due to having wrong pistons fitted , Can u shed any light on that ??

im still waiting on an exact account of issues regarding saw abbey garden are being very cagy indeed. Although i was told by a chap that husqavarna recalled numerouse saws due to having wrong pistons fitted , Can u shed any light on that ??

Cylinders from Mahle have "A" or "B" or "C" on the top, they should be fitted with the corresponding piston which will be stamped A, B, A/B or C on its crown - worth getting the ID on the cylinder type and a shot of the piston crown -

A.... B piston in an A cylinder would produce a tight fit and may cause problems - A is the smallest and C the largest....by a tiny amount!

if there is big damage try SAWBITS just bought barrel & piston wit delevery £80-00p

Unfortunately there is a chasm between the Chinese aftermarket kit and the original Mahle components, the Chinese stuff will work and sometimes well but have had a few problems with them including pistons with the arrows pointing in the wrong direction, bad ring ends, brittle rings that have snapped and poorly beveled ports that have snagged a ring.

Personally on a saw like this, I would be looking at salvaging the cylinder if possible, fitting a Meteor/Episan piston or Original Husky one and then doing a plug chop to make sure the colour is OK!

Not good on a recent saw:thumbdown:

Oh - I have purchased through Sawbits (Tesgol on ebay) and he is a decent and honest trader and has in my past, honoured any issues - unlike many others!!