Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

General chat Discuss every day issues in the tree care industry. If you're unsure where to post your topic please choose this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-07-12   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012, 2013

First Aid at work

I need to redo my first aid certificates as they appear to have lapsed by a few years . Looking the changes in requirements from the FC I think that as a Supervisor / Harvester I require the 3 day First Aid at Work - FAW - and the additional add on to cover severe chainsaw cuts, crushing etc the +F part.

Firstly is this correct? secondly can anyone reccomend anywhere decent in the south east to do the FAW and the +F add on?

Thanks
Old 16-07-12   #2 (permalink)
Supporting member, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Re: First Aid at work

I think you only need the full 3day if your managing over 50people you should be ok on EFAW+F

This is the table from FC guidelines as you can see for harvesting ops where there are two people minimum you should have EFAW+F (1day) if you deem you need the FAW+F (3day) then its your decission, but my understanding is that for most forestry ops the 1day is sufficent as long as you have multiple qualified persons on site.
Attached Images

Old 16-07-12   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012, 2013

Thanks, I have the table but I misunderstood it, Does anyone know of any training providers that offer this
Old 16-07-12   #4 (permalink)

I too would like to know where to get this forestry add on in the SE.