Anyone used DENIS CIMAF heads?

Cimaf heads are good as long as you don't stuff them into the dirt / rocks too often. Seppi heads are utter rubbish. The steel used for the deflector flap is about the same quality as plasticine. The tooth mounting is a single bolt which breaks with monotonous regularity. The tooth will be fine - if you can find it -and you'll want to find it because they cost about £80.00 each. My advice is forget seppi mulchers and spend a bit more and get an Ahwi or an FAE.

Cimaf heads are good as long as you don't stuff them into the dirt / rocks too often. Seppi heads are utter rubbish. The steel used for the deflector flap is about the same quality as plasticine. The tooth mounting is a single bolt which breaks with monotonous regularity. The tooth will be fine - if you can find it -and you'll want to find it because they cost about £80.00 each. My advice is forget seppi mulchers and spend a bit more and get an Ahwi or an FAE.

Good to hear this. We are trying to contact denis. Strong words re seppi; thanks for the warning!

Below is email address for denis cimaf. They can take a while to respond, must be the french genes and the prospect of le dejeuner.

[email protected]

I also looked at Bird eye grinders to put on a 26 tonne hitachi but still prefer Ahwi & FAE. Ahwi have a rotor that can take either carbide hammers or fixed blades which I'm looking at for a 14 tonne machine.

I corresponded with Denis Cimaf with regard to the unit they produce that would match to my Kubota 8 tonner.

They claim fantastic performance and certainly know their stuff, but simple fact for me the price was nearly double the competition at the time.

If it had been realistically close to the competition on price I would have been prepared to go over and try a unit to see if it lived up to the hype?

It would have been the first into the UK at the time, but I assume some have landed here now?

I'm having an FAE unit on demo in the next couple of weeks and hope to see a fair gain over my present Osma unit that does tend to get pushed beyond it's limits.

Interesting Seppi comments and I wonder if you have any thoughts on the pro's/con's of auxiliary engine setups for such applications?

Eddie.

• 2 months later...