Newest art rope guide retriever

Arborlord

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally use tha art rope guide and i love it couldn't live without it,although some of the lads i work with find it a bit too fast. they prefer a bit more friction. Not had a go with the the primus though ,anyone any idea how much and where i could get one from?

is the primus safe looks like very weak rope ??. which is the better most used etc cheers guys

Yeah, I'm sure they used weak rope especially for it!

Its the same rope that you climb on all day, and all components are rated.

It will only work properly with a good vt hitch or similar, no point if you use blakes or prussiks.

ive got the the webbing ART and could not work big trees without but im having a wee bit of trouble once its set.if i place my spliced eye thru the pulley properly im finding that once im 10 15ft away from anchor point the pulley starts to twist causing my lines to cross but if i place it thru the pulley the wrong way i.e twist the pulley so its back to front it runs my line alot straighter,i think it might be my vt constantly twisting my line that maybe causing this.

any suggestions would a help.

ps wish id waited for that primus,tried the cocoon once and loved it :sad: