700mm TCT saw blade

difflock

Any good/recommended brand(s) at a sensible prices, ( rather than excellent at an extortionate price ) I would like a spare for my firewood saw especially as my brand new blade got nicked (but chipped or nicked only not missing)

Though perhaps when I find out the price of a spare blade I will wise up:001_rolleyes:

I should probably avoid cutting scrap timber (thereby denying my North County Antrim Scotts Presbyterian roots) but even if I stick to Forestry timber with my trees being so handy to the village there are numersous attempts at tree houses etc so nails (possibly steel) in the living trees too

sigh.

Edited by difflock

I have two spare 700mm tct blades surplus to my needs as my saw is now 900mm.One is a kohler blade from Caledonian forestry every other tooth missing designed this way to stop snacking on timber all other teeth there just needs a sharpen for a tenner.other came off palax machine make i cant remember again needs a sharpen PM me if interested with a offer.

Theres a old saying you only get what you pay for!!Been down that route didnt last & tct teeth kept snapping off for no apparent reason.In the long run the company got there money back for replacing teeth.Must admit it wasnt that company but another not so many miles from them.Best to be safe where 540rpm blades are concerned.

Ah took a wee dwamle and decided to attempt to fit a siezed up second hand front linkage to the ould DB 1490. Very theraputic until I got showered with hydraulic oil.....twice.......and then the rain came on.

And then the dammed dogs paddled through the oil puddles and run in and jumped on the couch.

I will spend tomorrow night pressure washing with detergent and make a fresh start.

I do have a good contact here in NI but more for joinery shop saws, thought perhaps the firewood market saw blades could be different/different source.

Back to "cuttin sticks" soon.

After the boiler house build/installation(only been 5 years in gestation)

And after a conservatory (possibly, btw, the founds have been in 10 years)

Back on topic, thanks for the various suggestions re saw blade sources.

Well Derp!

(As I understand the young ones say in these circumstances.)

I contacted my good NI joinery saw source, he could not have been more helpful, quite genuinely, but allowed any TCT 700mm blade he could sell me would be too dear

Gulp

At £800.00 plus VAT he be well correct.

I will therefore peruse any suggestions as made above with a little more care.

cheers

m

How much !!, £800,

Try my man as I recommended above;

Circular Saw, Bandsaw Blades UK

He made mine to order for my JAPA 700, thats 700mm, TCT with a 30 or 35mm bore. Bore I needed was not one he had in stock, I thought price was good, 177.50 + VAT delivered, that was about a year ago now. Delivery was a few weeks but as it was a spare it did not matter.

A