Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


General chat Discuss every day issues in the tree care industry. If you're unsure where to post your topic please choose this forum.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-12   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013
 
mendiplogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,314
Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

HI ALL has any one got a new 2,2 lt engine land rove if so how good are they as I'm looking at a xs 110 thanks all jon
__________________
Jon in cold Somerset
mendiplogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,240

I drove a 90 the other day towing my tracked chipper and it was great, plenty of grunt pulling up hills. I'm just pricing up a 130 crew cab tipper at the mo as I'm thinking of changing.
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013
 
mendiplogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,314
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
I drove a 90 the other day towing my tracked chipper and it was great, plenty of grunt pulling up hills. I'm just pricing up a 130 crew cab tipper at the mo as I'm thinking of changing.
HI HODGE thanks for that mate jon
__________________
Jon in cold Somerset
mendiplogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2010, 2011
 
jpbeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bentham, north yorkshire
Posts: 1,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
I drove a 90 the other day towing my tracked chipper and it was great, plenty of grunt pulling up hills. I'm just pricing up a 130 crew cab tipper at the mo as I'm thinking of changing.
Whats wrong with your one? Didnt think it had done much work/miles?
jpbeaver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,240

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbeaver View Post
Whats wrong with your one? Didnt think it had done much work/miles?
It's done 63k so not much miles, it does get worked hard though. I wanted to get a price on one though as they are stopping making them next year I think so it was out of intrest more than anything.
Hodge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member, User formerly known as Thompson Woodlands
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cumbria
Posts: 2,000
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

Think I've said before that I was impressed when I drove one - that 6th gear is smooth!
Sam Thompson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-12   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012
 
WorcsWuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tenbury Wells, Worcs
Posts: 3,063
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

I'm going to try one when I get a few minutes in the next few weeks.
I was going to have a car [took a 2.2 Jag XF out the other day, was a bit disappointed with the engine to be honest...] but a 110 utility works out so cheap on tax, just need to have one for a day or two to try it out...
__________________
Not much happening here...!
WorcsWuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dorset
Posts: 413
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

Not had the chance to try a 2.2 Puma yet, but I love my 2.4 (2007).

I'm not sure the DPF is a good idea on the 2.2
Treewolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012
 
WorcsWuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tenbury Wells, Worcs
Posts: 3,063
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treewolf View Post
Not had the chance to try a 2.2 Puma yet, but I love my 2.4 (2007).

I'm not sure the DPF is a good idea on the 2.2
Apparently it's mounted very close to the engine to ensure it gets hot enough to regenerate at the potential lengthy periods at low speeds LR's operate at.
That said, I imagine it won't be long [they may even be out there already] before a replacement exhaust section is available to allow the DPF to be removed. The advantage LR owners have on this front is there's only one engine so not a huge range of different sections to produce. Some cars [BMW for instance] have to have the it cut out and the exhaust welded up if you want the DPF removed.....
__________________
Not much happening here...!
WorcsWuss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011, 2012, 2013
 
mendiplogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 13,314
Re: Ref has anyone got a new 2.2 land rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorcsWuss View Post
Apparently it's mounted very close to the engine to ensure it gets hot enough to regenerate at the potential lengthy periods at low speeds LR's operate at.
That said, I imagine it won't be long [they may even be out there already] before a replacement exhaust section is available to allow the DPF to be removed. The advantage LR owners have on this front is there's only one engine so not a huge range of different sections to produce. Some cars [BMW for instance] have to have the it cut out and the exhaust welded up if you want the DPF removed.....
HI WUSS i have one on our new audi a6 it makes the engine revs up in town the revs are up and down like a jack in the box its mad jon
__________________
Jon in cold Somerset
mendiplogs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Land Rover elfinwood saws Arb-Trucks 14 26-01-12 09:52 AM
Land Rover 130 benedmonds Arb-Trucks 12 17-10-11 04:16 PM
Land Rover Td5 mark hughes General chat 7 17-04-11 07:06 PM
land rover jose Trading Place 5 28-07-09 11:04 PM
Land rover!!!!!!!! wattie General chat 18 15-06-09 07:06 AM


Find tree care advice

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0