Where can I get a cheap eyewash fountain ?

gensetsteve

A strange request I know but one of us always seems to be digging dust dirt or something out of our eyes. We are using googles where ever possible but fine dust will always get in and beech seems to sting llike mad. I know they have these eyewash stations but they are a one shot then chuck away at £5 a bottle not cheap and often not effective. I am thinking a proper mains connected unit with a hand wash heater turned low to take the chill off. I crawled under our landcruiser before going on hloiday got something in my eye and spent the week squirting ointment in.

A strange request I know but one of us always seems to be digging dust dirt or something out of our eyes. We are using googles where ever possible but fine dust will always get in and beech seems to sting llike mad. I know they have these eyewash stations but they are a one shot then chuck away at £5 a bottle not cheap and often not effective. I am thinking a proper mains connected unit with a hand wash heater turned low to take the chill off. I crawled under our landcruiser before going on hloiday got something in my eye and spent the week squirting ointment in.

Hi,

we are the same.

I have a eberspacher 12v hot/cold sink in Landy.

You can buy them ebay ex. bt for 30 pounds or so or 220.00 new.

Steve

We use the small bottles of sterile eye wash, like above about 25 for a tenner. I wouldn't use anything else in my eye, if you've just got something in your eye, chances are you've scratched the surface, so you want something sterile, and water ain't that!

We use the small bottles of sterile eye wash, like above about 25 for a tenner. I wouldn't use anything else in my eye, if you've just got something in your eye, chances are you've scratched the surface, so you want something sterile, and water ain't that!

Good point about water not being sterile. I have used the shower head at home a few times with good effect without further problems. You need luke warm water to stop shock on your eyeball but getting the dirt out asap seems the best plan.

Working for FC we have to have a large bottle in kit, the sterle saline solution would be ok. the small ones are not really adequate for a good wash out if the injury was serious.

We have had 2 visits to docs this year already, and needed antibiotics for scratches that got very painful, now trying to wear better eye protection at all times!!