which l200

dent

i am looking for a pickup and been reading what has been said and can find plenty of info on most

i have heard plenty of horror storries of the post 02 l200 engines and the woes they can bring but was wondering what the earlier ones are like

not the real boxy ones but the 96-02 ones and whether they have the same reliabilty issues or can they compete with a hilux of the same era

i run a single cab 51 plate had it for the last 8/9 years its never broke down. all its had is starter clutch and new springs. its got 130 000 on the clock. everything still works as it should

I have been toying with the idea of selling mine but the newer 4x4 pick ups seen to be dogged with problems. ?

I recently got a 2001 l200 and im very pleased with it. It runs like a dream, but like hazzy said, its pretty thirsty. 15-20p a mile maybe?

I havent really had it long enough to give it a definitive review, but for 160k on the clock, i was surprised how nicely it drives, no problems at all so far!

I prefer the slightly boxy look myself anyway.

got a 54 l200 double cab, had it for two years now and it has only had a new steering hose, clutch which was the original and also had to replace the rear axle because the rear diff was dying and it worked out cheaper to do it that way but the engine pulls like a train. Just drove to horsham last weekend and it was all motorway and did 70 most of the way there and back and did about 680 miles on tank and a half.