Forestry Commission scraps Magna Carta right to collect woods from forests

Dagmar

The right of people to collect wood from Britain’s forests that was created under the Magna Carta has been overturned due to health and safety fears.

read the whole thing here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3264458/Forestry-Commission-scraps-Magna-Carta-right-to-collect-woods-from-forests.html

I was under the impression that; if rights that were granted under Magna Carta were impinged, that in itself was 'unlawful', and could only be enforced if the party concerned consented to the new law.

Maybe a mass wood collection would be an idea?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly would like to see the stats...I wouldnt mind bettin' you can count the no' of H&S accidents that arise from this practice on one hand....and the of number claims arising from them for sure.....Blatant civil rights nonsense...who are trying to kid?:confused1:

I can hardly think that the FC are losing out financially, nor that the collectors are really doing any damage so why waste valuable time and money putting legislation into place. Why not put a sign on all gates saying "Enter at your own risk" and "The FC is absolved off any blame if you hurt yourself gathering".

Certainly would like to see the stats...I wouldnt mind bettin' you can count the no' of H&S accidents that arise from this practice on one hand....and the of number claims arising from them for sure.....Blatant civil rights nonsense...who are trying to kid?:confused1:

what he says !!

if you were to calculate the time a person spends under any one tree etc & the likelyhood of an event happening to coincide with that event the odds must be astronomic, you'd be more likely to fall over stuff that has either fallen or failed or from the brash that the FC leave on the deck during product recover opps.

pure economics me thinks , arse covering = well you cant blame us for your injury, you shouldn't have been there Etc etc

I can hardly think that the FC are losing out financially, nor that the collectors are really doing any damage so why waste valuable time and money putting legislation into place. Why not put a sign on all gates saying "Enter at your own risk" and "The FC is absolved off any blame if you hurt yourself gathering".

Not true unfortunately mate...Occupiers/Owners Liability Act 1957/84 ( in which provision is made as to liability even to those tresspassing ) Crazy world!!!