checkatrade any good?

wrekin tree care

hi All

i started up my business last year and still doing the promoting. So far i done the website, sign written the truck and got 5000 leaflets printed. So far not bad on the leaflets concidering it's christmas but i fell i need to find other ways.

Im not really interested in yellow pages as the cost is extreme. i found checkatrade and there is not another firm in my area on there and they wany £490 (plus vat:thumbdown:). i know its not too bad but it's alot when starting out i just thought i would ask if any got sucess from checkatrade.

many thanks

Never heard of it, therefore I (plus how many other customers) wouldn't be looking on it to give you a call to quote.

Better to try local parish mags, church mags etc, cheap as chips and somehow more of a respectable air than some old website or another....

All the best with your new venture.

You're a long way from me but I see the Checkatrade marker on tradesmens' vehicles all the time so it may be worth a punt, but only after more research: I can't offer any guide as to how much trade it brings them.

Good luck to you,

Jon

£490 could be spent else where Far too much to take a gamble on, Get your self a facebook page may seem odd but your younger clients will be on facebook and if they can show there friends the work you carried out on facebook will bring more in It sounds silly but has worked

I have found those type of site,s (advertising trades) all to common and to many. They make there money from you advertising with them, and you can only make your money if a customer finds your details through them. So in my opinion stick with the market leader, it might be more expensive but i feel you would reach a greater target audience.

Alternatively spend your money advertising in the Shropshire stare or the Telford journal

Hope this helps.

I still haven't got it rite after 22 years in business in Telford. All the best and hope to see you around.

£490 could be spent else where Far too much to take a gamble on, Get your self a facebook page may seem odd but your younger clients will be on facebook and if they can show there friends the work you carried out on facebook will bring more in It sounds silly but has worked

Your 'younger clients' (that you dont have) don't have enough money for a tree surgeon and probably live in a small house with a Cordyline and a Pyracantha in the garden.

However, Checkatrade works for me in my area.

checkatrade works well for us, its a good brand, ads on tv and people trust it. They come round and see you before you join check insurence, reference etc.. so no cowboys allowed. think its the way forward