Would you like to do work for schools?

roseyweb

Course you would,

Just had a phone call from someone who was offering me to service all the trees across as many counties as I could manage.

Having narrowly averted being scammed many times I asked a few questions

Whats in it for you? - ahem well we take a fee of £150 + vat

Ok so do you vet contractors and we sub to you or you commission work? - no

Well to cut a long story short after some probing it was just a advertising book that goes round to schools, called School Supply service, my sister whos a head teacher had never herd of it.

and takes a up front fee I offered to pay once i had seen the book, that was not acceptable.

Of course this could be totally legit but but I seem to remember this time last year there was a glut of fake publications.

Having been duped by these before my advice, ask lots of questions, and any stuttering or unsuruity about company numbers, vat numbers should ring alarm bells. and ask where is it going to be published? as theres lots of fakes out there.

Schools supply Service - SMT Magazine

01686 620 263

Peace

James

xx

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last 20 years I have had diaries for police, firemen, directories for hospitals, nhs, nursing homes, you name it we had it. The police one made out if we subscribed we would get a better responce and if we did not it would be worse :lol: and the call centre bunnies are always in Warrington.

Schools dont even have a say in what contractors are used anyway!

stoopid

I disagree, I do work for 3 schools in my area and all of them look after there own budgets and choose who does the work. Don't know if that's just in my area or not??

I know someone who paid into the school thing and never got a penny from it,most of the schools in my area have become acadamys and they choose who they want to do their work,if you want to do school work go straight to them and they will put you on a list of contractors,it appears that schools are fed up being ripped off by local council contractors.