Do you ride a bike

treebloke

Bought Dawn a bike for her birthday so I thought I would have one as well, we took a little ride to the pub today for a bowl of cheesy chips, it's been 23 years since I last rode a bike and my buttocks now hurt.

I am seriously thinking of making a seat from an old defender, there must be more comfortables ways, the seat on my bike dissapears up the crack of yer @rs3 and when I was a lad, if you bought a bike it had these things called MUDGUARDS, the farmer opposite me keeps dairy cattle, came back smelling like Daisy's back end.

Do you think this would help us remember the way home after a few pints

http://www.gooutdoor...am-mens-p154019

try this site for both seats and mudguards. the crud catcher type mudguards are very good. i have one that is straped to the downtube for the front, its very effective.

Bicycles | Bikes | Mountain Bikes | Road Bikes | MTB Bikes | Bike Parts | Bike Frames | Road Frames | MTB Frames

here is the crud set :

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36521

Edited by Breton monkey

Keep cycling on the seat you have. If its a proper razor blade type one its pretty sore for the first few times, but your ass gets used to it. If you change to a big padded one you will find on longer cycles the blood gets cut off to your legs and you cramp up and have an even sorer arse. I probably wont be cycling for the rest of the year now (dark after work now) and every spring I have the same problem for the first 3-4 trips. Stick with the skinny saddle :)

AJ

I stopped riding bikes as soon as I met my wife as I knew she'd go mad if she found out! :laugh1:

Actually, I'd rather take the bus than ride a bike.

I'd rather walk than take the bus.

I'd rather take the train than than walk.

I'd rather roll in broken glass than take the train.

:lol:

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

Keep cycling on the seat you have. If its a proper razor blade type one its pretty sore for the first few times, but your ass gets used to it. If you change to a big padded one you will find on longer cycles the blood gets cut off to your legs and you cramp up and have an even sorer arse. I probably wont be cycling for the rest of the year now (dark after work now) and every spring I have the same problem for the first 3-4 trips. Stick with the skinny saddle :)

AJ

Wise words:thumbup1: I've just put one these on my bike, very comfortable.

Fizik Arione Saddle Review - BikeRadar

i find if your legs are working hard enough you wont have much weight on your backside most of the time, when i'm resting downhill etc i tend to sit slightly 'across' the saddle, if your out enjoying cycling as a hobby/pastime then try a slightly wider more padded saddle & shorts/ leggings with good padding, its a very individual choice, what is comfy for some wont be for others!!!!!!!!