The going rate for cord roadside?

tim361

Looking to stock up for next winter with a couple of arctic loads. The last lot we brought worked out at about £45 a tonne delivered. I know were not going to get it that cheap again but what's the going rate at the moment.

Cheers all

HI tim roadside is one thing and into yard is more was £45 roadside price that what you have on your post mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Prices vary between £45 - £55 delivered. Over £45 delivered we are not going to bother this year. We were paying £36 a tonne delivered last year we cant add a third to the price of the wood going out the yard in our area so what is the point. I am buying for next year and will see how the winter goes. There is alot of cord sitting about roadside because the forest commission want £25 a metre before its felled.

Prices vary between £45 - £55 delivered. Over £45 delivered we are not going to bother this year. We were paying £36 a tonne delivered last year we cant add a third to the price of the wood going out the yard in our area so what is the point. I am buying for next year and will see how the winter goes. There is alot of cord sitting about roadside because the forest commission want £25 a metre before its felled.

HI steve your right there mate the price of cord is mad mate it the forest commission makeing all cash not the harvester chaps how good was the cord at £36 a tonne to you mate thanks jon :thumbup:

I can get a m3 of seasoned hardwood split for £45.( not delivered)

I spoke to my friend today that's into it in a huge way, you guys should buy an artic :)

it sounds cheap,,

take into account, delivery, re-handling & delivering again; especially if your in an area that is selling m3 of firewood for £60-£70.... not worth doing

if only everyone could follow gas/electric price increases!!!!!!!!!! :001_cool: