Claim culture

Dean Lofthouse

Just been watching the news describing where a young girl got through a fence and was playing in a quarry with her mates, a boulder they were scrambling over moved and crushed the girl.

Obviously my condolences go out to the family, but the firm is being hauled through the coals and being blamed for the incident because they should have ahd a more secure fence.

The face prosecution from the hse and a claim from the family of the young girl.

Surely the girls, of an age where they should know they shouldn't of been there should be to blame not the company. Surely one would know you were not supposed to be playing in a quarry.

When is all this blame thing going to stop, I really do feel like packing up and flipping off from this country, it's getting silly.

Try blaming the parents or the children themselves.

If I knew my kids were playing in such an area, I'd hit the roof, plus the kids would have known they weren't supposed to be there.

How would anyone on here feel if they came into work to find their yard cordoned off with police and Socco, to be told some kids had got into your yard and were crushed under a collapsed log pile.

Then your carted off for questioning, hauled through a tribunal and threaten by the HSE and the childs parents threaten to sue you.

Many weaker souls would crack and top themselves

I remember a secured site having been breached by youngsters, they clambered about all over some very heavy pipes. Eventually one of the lads had anumber of pipes roll and crush his legs. Tho the site met the H&S regs at the time, had security guards patrolling, signage where necessary, the company was deemed liable as the pipes were not bundled.