Stein Arbor-trolley arrived

Gareth Dalzell

Our Arbor-trolley Prize has arrived and is put straight to work. Clearing a few acres of woodland of hazards for a school nature track.

This is an amazing bit of kit. it takes about 20 seconds to pop together. I love the way the bolsters just drop-in to place and their end weight holds them in. Nice bearings on the wheels and a simple linch pin to shorten/remove the draw bar.

Load capacity is rated for 500kg and I would say it would have no problem with this. It is really deceptive - it looks like it will hold a couple of barrows of lengths but can actually carry more like 5-6.

Very easy to move about

I know it's an timber mover, but we have realised that it is perfect for moving rootball trees as well, so tomorrow a squad taking it to position some street trees on site.

More pictures will follow in due course.

Many thanks again to Nigel and all at Fletcher Stewart and RC for innovative product pursuit - very much appreciated. Your arbor-trolley has gone to a good home:biggrin:

59765a3f05006_ArbTrol1.JPG.cd18284b69bc9a6ebd007953de15cce6.JPG

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine last week and it's going to save soooo many hours dragging. It may look like it can only carry a little but when you lift it to get it in the back of the pickup you realise how strong it is; that bodywork ain't tinplate.

i cant believe you're using it!!! no.1 off the line....you should have vac sealed it, might be worth a few bob in years to come haha

Don't panic - the Kubota tractor in the background is 12 years old and still spotless. When we come to sell the 1st Arbor Trolley at auction in years to come it will still be a mint example.

Its off today planting semi mature street trees in Belfast - a multitasking machine. We are wondering about making a bracket to tow behind our Belle Mini Dumper (bit like a muck truck) for micro extraction work.

Then next week its going to meet some massive Beech trees where its got about 30ton of timber to move from around the back of a school.

:thumbup:

Anyone elses arbor trolley got allot of slack in the handle/main body connection, mine wobbles all over the shop. That over time will wear badly i think, it almost need to either be married together better or have a shim down either side.