thieving scum

eggsarascal

Called in at my yard this afternoon on the way back from having lunch, yes you guessed it the shed has been turned over, tractor, processor untouched, the only thing that seems to be missing is the tool box and a small amount of copper i was going to weigh in. All the trouble of forcing the doors for a few hand tools? wish i could get my hands on the thieving bastards.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called in at my yard this afternoon on the way back from having lunch, yes you guessed it the shed has been turned over, tractor, processor untouched, the only thing that seems to be missing is the tool box and a small amount of copper i was going to weigh in. All the trouble of forcing the doors for a few hand tools? wish i could get my hands on the thieving bastards.

The Saudis have the right idea.

Watch out they don't come back, normally about a week later!

Too right. And probably next time they come back they'll be tooled up to take the lot. Even if the same people don't come back they'll have told some of their mates what's in there.

On one occasion my company was broken into twice within 24 hours, but usually it's a few days later. In 2005 we were broken into eleven times in one year. In the end the police refused to come because they said we we had too many break-ins -- work that one out!

Ironically we have very little worth stealing -- ie, that would be saleable down the pub. In the end we just had to keep escalating the security until it wasn't worth their while any more. It cost a fortune. We now have a monitored alarm and a security company with a guaranteed 15 minute attendance once the alarm is tripped. The police will follow half an hour later if we're lucky.

Best wishes,

John Russell

Watch out they don't come back, normally about a week later!

yhh, we had a greenmech cm220 chipper stolen from our yard on a monday night, (belonging to a company that rent a container in our yard) but was asking for it leaving it sitting in the yard with no wheel clamp or insurance on it, the following monday night a container was broken into in our yard containing a jensen chipper also belonging to another guy renting a container, the cheack to hit twice in a week, that was about 3 4 months ago, then last week they went through the trouble of grinding of lock guards and heavyduty locks of our own containers to find nothing worth any value, the only expensive item in there was a set of henchman steps, nothing was taken,, they must have felt like right wallies

sorry to hear that mate, think coppers up to 3.5 k @ton , did you mark your tools?

Know then Dave, yes the tools were all marked up, but theres still about 15 hundread quids worth missing, and about a grands worth of copper just to rub salt in the wound:thumbdown:

YES THEY WILL BE BACK ! had our secure work shop broken into & took all the hand tools they could carry and sell cheap down the pub then came back within the month to take the mini digger & tool vaults which they couldn`t take on the 1st visit.Worst loss of all was my 1st tool box & tools which my late dad had got me when I started little value to them huge loss to me.The site now has cameras & remote alarm that comes straight to my phone all the local low lifes know how I will deal with anybody in the future,the police are a waste of time