Suit off, gloves on!

W00dy

Hi everyone,

After 10 years of working in central london, I have made the choice to return to what I love doing, being outdoors and working physically hard.

After working in the new forest and then going to Sparsholt college to study forestry & woodland management I went into the city, put on a suit and became a successful businessman :bash::sleep:

I am booked on a course to get my CS30/31 to re familiar myself with the tools of the trade and will look to get my CS38 shortly afterwards.

So, my next big task is getting some work. If you need anyone willing to work hard and learn to progress into a skilled worker in and around the London/Kent region, please let me know.

Any other feedback would also be welcomed.

Cheers

Ben.

Good luck Ben, you only live once so well done for making the change. After sitting behind a desk for 23 years, I was made redundant last year and have been outdoors most days and absolutley love it.

Hope you get the work you're after:thumbup:

Wow! Thanks for all the great responses. I will email something over to you Jonesie - Thanks!

Tree Cutter Stu - I am in South East London (Catford) - willing to travel though.

I have always had a passion for the outdoors and just hope I can get to grips with an industry that I have been out of for a long time. Any tips on finding work (posters in shops is a great idea!) and who are the biggest recruiters out there, or any other forums you guys use would be really helpful.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Ben.

Fair Play to you for taking the decision to forget all them easy days in the office, perks, warmth, cleaniness and bankers bonus's.

Good luck for the future!

But when you wake up in the morning and all you wish for is for it to be Saturday morning so you dont have to put on a suit, fake smile and fill in KPI reports, it is time to think what will motivate me....... For a couple of years I worked in the new forest as a farm hand and loved every minute of it, and then went on to Sparsholt. But due to a family accident I moved to London to be supportive I fell into the business world to support my hugely increased living expenses and found that I had a natural talent for winning large business deals, but money isnt everything in life (it helps).

I am sure there are businesses out there involved in winning large business contracts, and maybe this is something I could offer as an additional skill?

As for those easy, air conditioned days with perks, bonuses and cleanliness, they can keep it, I just want to put my boots/gloves on and do a days work in the outdoors come rain or shine.

blasphemy!!!! :biggrin:

best of luck finding work mate :thumbup1:

Oops!! :blushing:

Thanks Steve, something maybe happening, fingers crossed!

I am sure there are numerous posts on here about the best gear to have, but starting out I cannot afford to invest, but equally dont want cheap gear (you get what you pay for!) so is there any places I could look for second hand gear that is still safe?