Which 4x4 pickup??

marleyarb

Just wondering if you guys have any advice on any pickups I have a budget of around £4000.

I was thinking about a Nissan Navara but heard the engines blow up easily

something like in the link below

2004 NISSAN D22 2.5 DI 4X4 NAVARA SILVER on eBay (end time 28-Nov-10 19:19:15 GMT)

Or any advice on any other pickups would be great :thumbup:

Thanks Scott

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avoid D22 Navaras (between 2002-2005).

They make very good work vehicles, but buying one at that mileage is too high risk due to the famous con-rod failure issue.

BBC - Watchdog: Pickup a problem?

I've owned a Navara from new, a 54 plate - the engine failed at 90,000 miles due to the con-rod issue, Nissan UK agreed to replace the engine for free, however, many other Navara owners havent been as fortunate and have had to scrap their cars or find a way of fixing the engine which can be very expensive.

Good luck with your search, the secondhand 4x4 market is a minefield.

If I had £4000 to spend on a motor for treework I'd buy this - commercial Daihatsu Fourtrack with full dealer service history for £4000.00, will tow 3.5 tons

http://www.ardneil.co.uk/stock.html?car=60646333&grtkey=1291112663_b277be70e0604ce8b225c887a632bc28

12882727208b9027f53a.jpg.fdb61c755624106952369d8d743142e2.jpg

You want power and towing ability then get the navarra.the l200 is gutless

Both navarra and l200 have horrid turning circles and are rubbish off road due to way to soft front ends with minimal ground clearance.

Toyota hilux 4x4 with a set of heavier springs would be good choice

failing that try find an old l200 like in my profile pic.

If you could find one in your budget the rangers are a nice alternative.If your over 6ft3 then all of the choices above will be uncomfertable bud

You want power and towing ability then get the navarra.the l200 is gutless

Both navarra and l200 have horrid turning circles and are rubbish off road due to way to soft front ends with minimal ground clearance.

Toyota hilux 4x4 with a set of heavier springs would be good choice

failing that try find an old l200 like in my profile pic.

If you could find one in your budget the rangers are a nice alternative.If your over 6ft3 then all of the choices above will be uncomfertable bud

Our work L200 is alrite. I will admit that the suspension is a tad spongy on the front but the brakes are good. You need a bit of spongynes in the suspension to allow it to travel when going over alternating bumps. Whenever the guys from west dorset come out with us we always have a 3 ton strop in the back to tow em out. But the turning circle is better than the Navara and the new Ford Ranger turning circle is appaling.

Ours is a 56 plate.