selling xmas trees

egs

i have the chance to get consignment of christmas trees. just wondering if anyone on here has done any sort of xmas tree selling. also whats an average price on a 6ft tree these days?

i will be selling norway spruce at £3 per ft ex VAT and nordmann fir at £5 per ft ex VAT. hope this helps

:001_smile:

i have the chance to get consignment of christmas trees. just wondering if anyone on here has done any sort of xmas tree selling. also whats an average price on a 6ft tree these days?

it has a good profit margin, but its very tieing as your stuck in the same place..if you go ahead make sure you have good signs in place,otherwise youll be chipping or burning whats left over:confused1:

hmmm, have no experience outside my yard, have sold xmas trees here for 40 years...

we are half a mile of an A road, but having been here so long we have a lot of repeat custom. i wouldn't want to guesstimate how many trees to have in your situation, job enough for me with previous years' records! and as has been said, you'll only end up having to get rid of the ones you don't sell, shame they can't be made to last for next year too!

if you're in the middle of a town then you'd be able to up the price from what i quoted, round here anyway, not sure about up your way:001_smile:

We own and run Christmas tree land. We currently have about 23000 growing in the field. We deal with large trees each year averaging about 25-40ft. We import noble fir, nordman fir, we grow our Fraser fir, import norway spruce and scots pine. We shift thousands each year. We did have a booking online section but sold that side a few years ago.

We get fairly busy!

now you come to mention it i do recall seeing systems like that..., what made you stop?

Another company thought it was a brilliant idea but instead of buying there own trees they stole our trees paying our customers the £10 deposit per tree which would have cost them £30 each to buy. Went to PC Plod but they did not want to know as in their opinion all christmas trees are the same even though our trees could be easily identified due to the Bonsai techniques we used. Salt was rubbed in the wound when we attended an Agricultural show and they had a stand full of our stolen trees. They were bragging that they had received 5k in funds from the local council to set up their Christmas tree hire business.

Another company thought it was a brilliant idea but instead of buying there own trees they stole our trees paying our customers the £10 deposit per tree which would have cost them £30 each to buy. Went to PC Plod but they did not want to know as in their opinion all christmas trees are the same even though our trees could be easily identified due to the Bonsai techniques we used. Salt was rubbed in the wound when we attended an Agricultural show and they had a stand full of our stolen trees. They were bragging that they had received 5k in funds from the local council to set up their Christmas tree hire business.

that boils my p**s. sorry to hear about that