Old Isuzu pickup.

chewbakka

Hi there, does any one know what old isuzu pickups are like (h reg). I hear the engines are good. I had a D21 crewcab, it was brutal! After that monster died I got a L200 4life, its a bit duff. I think stripped down brutality is better than a shiny paint job. Any pionters for checking out an isuzu would be great.:001_smile:

I had a K reg Isuzu 4x4. It was great. A bit slow as it was non turbo but once i got her wound up we could touch just over 90 (with a large amount of vibration!!). I had her for about three years and when i sold her she'd done 180,000 and only got rid as i wanted a newer ute! The one i had was the same as the Vauxhall Brava. Both are Isuzu pick ups. Engines are Isuzus thing so a few miles mean nothing.

had a brava (isuzu engine)good truck in nearly every way, bits can be expensive though, would have kept mine forever if chassis was beefier and it would work in low range without eating front diffs, bits interchangable with frontera which is more readily found in scrapyards. the FRONTera is based directly on the front of the brava using same running gear etc..

I had a battered Brava for a bit when I started out. Lovely soft engine, gearbox got very notchy but she carried on as a runaround for someone else after I had moved on upwards.

The chassis looked great but had rotted dreadfully on the inner face under the back body. The top, bottom and outer faces of the chassis are stamped out in a 'C' shape and the inner face welded in. On my pick up the inner face was falling to bits while the others were still good, so have a bang around underneath and see if it's turned to cRust.