Boots, best value for an occasional user.

J.D

Evening men,

With my CS30 31 coming up in 10 days I'm trying to put together my kit, and one of the priciest items seems to be the boots, so what in your opinion are the best value, bearing in mind I will only be using them occasionally, I dont want to spend a fortune as I still need a saw.

Also, what is meant my by " non snag " outer clothing ?

I have the trousers, but that's all clothes wise.

J.D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How occasional?? If its once in a blue moon, They do some chainsaw wellies for about £50, If you want boots for occasional use, Any willl do, Although id get waterproof ones :thumbup1:

None snag, Means no loose clothing, Ie anything that a branch could "snag" and drag you threw a chipper/catch on a falling tree and drag you to your demise etc :biggrin:

How occasional?? If its once in a blue moon, They do some chainsaw wellies for about £50, If you want boots for occasional use, Any willl do, Although id get waterproof ones :thumbup1:

We get maybe 2 - 3 jobs a month which we usually sub out, so not a great deal at all Mozza.

None snag, Means no loose clothing, Ie anything that a branch could "snag" and drag you threw a chipper/catch on a falling tree and drag you to your demise etc :biggrin:

So, I dont need the chainsaw jacket etc ?

We get maybe 2 - 3 jobs a month which we usually sub out, so not a great deal at all Mozza.

Ive never met anybody with a chainsaw jacket mate, Bob on here is a good guy to ask about what exactly you'll need for your course mate, Im pretty sure you wont need a chainsaw jacket tho.

Noooo, Hiax are almost the cheapest I think and IMO very comfortable.

you need Type A trousers (front protection) and some insist you need Type C (allround protection) You will have to check as Mozza says nothing baggy realy quite simple..

Make sure you got your first aid kit and whistle.

Ive never met anybody with a chainsaw jacket mate, Bob on here is a good guy to ask about what exactly you'll need for your course mate, Im pretty sure you wont need a chainsaw jacket tho.

Cheers Mozza,

FR Jones have these.

TT295 Cofra Woodsman chainsaw boots (VAT exempt) £65.63

Any users on here ?

I notice they have no classification though, does this matter ?