Aspen Alkylate 2t fuel?

Danavan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i use it, i pay about 2.2x the cost of petrol, i work on sensitive sites and in rivers, therefore i use the best available products, i also use stihl bioplus, i also like the fact that it doesnt stink my truck and workshop up of normal 2stroke mix, and when working in confined spaces like ditchs and hedge rows i dont feel rough at the end of the day

what is SSSA, do you mean SSSI?

yes i use it, i pay about 2.2x the cost of petrol, i work on sensitive sites and in rivers, therefore i use the best available products, i also use stihl bioplus, i also like the fact that it doesnt stink my truck and workshop up of normal 2stroke mix, and when working in confined spaces like ditchs and hedge rows i dont feel rough at the end of the day

what is SSSA, do you mean SSSI?

Yea sssi:blushing:

I think this fuel is a way fwd in close prox wrk people like yourself & anyone that waves 2 stroke burpers about day in day out!

The main complaint I have heard about the fuel (apart from £) is it's availabilaty?

I have found an outlet that sells in 200ltr containers! not sure how this needs to be stored within cosh regs? I belive it is in min spillage of x3 the quantity of substance, but with regard to the fact you could blow up a small village with 200ltr this may differ?

Good to hear you use this fuel & bio chain oil on a reg basis. It HAS to be a good thing!?:001_smile:

since Anglo american took over supply several of my dealers struggled to sort supply, was much easier when husky were doing it, basically you need to get one of your suppliers to set up an account with Anglo american then there shouldnt be a big problem if you commit to using it, although i think there may be a minimum purchase of £200 wort of fuel, so they cant order one or two 5ltr containers at a time, my local dealer stocks it as several large estates and organisations round here use it so i can normally drop in to get some

the only downside i really have is that i find the exhuasts rusting quicker when using it, i assume due to the lack of unburnt oil exiting the saw,

The quantity is not a prob as your for mentioned co supplys 200ltr. It os just getting someone to store it that is the hold up!

Do you tune your equip to cope with the lean 'imo' mix? may it be burning to hot, thus coroding your exausts quick?

Used it on my hedge cutters untill it got to some stupid price....also i dont do much hedge cutting any more so no worries there.

If it was cheaper say£9 per 5 litres ,i have always said i would use it for every thing ..cant put a price on health but when your using large felling saws that will drink 5 liters a day, bio oil and aspen become a bit pricey!

The quantity is not a prob as your for mentioned co supplys 200ltr. It os just getting someone to store it that is the hold up!

Do you tune your equip to cope with the lean 'imo' mix? may it be burning to hot, thus coroding your exausts quick?

As far as tuning goes you might have to re-tune the saw when you start using aspen 2t in your saws and for the lean part i have two woodsported saws a 372xpgw and 346xpg both running apsen premix and they both look like new in the cyl/pis !!

Tune your saws as a normal aspen is just allot cleaner then regular gas thats why it smells less and brun clean in your engine :)

It's only one problem with it and that is the cost ,,, cost a bunch here in Sweden too :thumbdown:

Is the government taking its duty out of this fuel or is it just overpriced?

I think it comes down to the refining prosses bing alot more involved than reg fuel.

Not sure on weather the govrnment have their claws in on it yet!?

Sure they will though if it becomes a big player in fueling our industry:sneaky2: