Buff- so long old friend......

As some of you now know I lost my best friend last Friday, so I thought i would post a few pics of my boy at his very best. This is still a bit raw for me but a good excersise, to deal with it.

His heart was failing and he was getting weaker by the day, so I took him for the big sleep and this was the hardest choice I have ever had to make in my life bar none.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried like a baby more in the last week than in my entire life, Buff was soooo much more than just a dog and I miss him like you wouldnt believe.

Mans best friend.... Buff certainly was, and then some.:biggrin:

597655a51f03f_111009disk2070.jpg.021bc59a0ee09855014e33d322485acb.jpg

2006_0501picsfish0164.jpg.11e56a4048dbe91dd77a743f797a2a23.jpg

597655a525aec_holidayo8(799).jpg.4196176f683234ea66cde836c5f9b43a.jpg

P1000900.jpg.88b28212cc5058312f5e01be9a2e7459.jpg

P1130297.jpg.c1ccc564b7f5a367b2ea758a78faa33d.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good for you Tony, i still remember getting our dog put to sleep when i was 13. I grew up with her as one of the family dogs, when you fell or hurt yourself, she would come up and sit beside you, dogs never judge, just want to please their owners. Buff looks very noble in the pics, my friend had a dog very similar, he was in town one day with the car door open, this dog came up and jumped in, it had been abused and wasnt in good shape at all. he closed the door and looked after him for over 10 years. He named him jack. I have 3 dogs, i dread the day i have to make the decision you had to make.

Buff looked a right old character Tony.

Glad I got to meet him briefly last week.

I'm sure he helped you blaze some great trails through many a wood.

Would be fitting to revisit some of those discoveries & take on an apprentice to follow in his paw prints when the time is right.

Nice thread :001_cool:

As some of you now know I lost my best friend last Friday, so I thought i would post a few pics of my boy at his very best. This is still a bit raw for me but a good excersise, to deal with it.

His heart was failing and he was getting weaker by the day, so I took him for the big sleep and this was the hardest choice I have ever had to make in my life bar none.

I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried like a baby more in the last week than in my entire life, Buff was soooo much more than just a dog and I miss him like you wouldnt believe.

Mans best friend.... Buff certainly was, and then some.:biggrin:

[ATTACH]31506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31507[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]31510[/ATTACH]

Hi Hamadryad

Those of us with those very very special friends totally understand your grief and loss. You must however remember the good times and hopefully look forward to the next best friend.

Cheers my friend.

Colin

Buff looked a right old character Tony.

Glad I got to meet him briefly last week.

I'm sure he helped you blaze some great trails through many a wood.

Would be fitting to revisit some of those discoveries & take on an apprentice to follow in his paw prints when the time is right.

Nice thread :001_cool:

A character he certainly was, Ive known a lot of dogs in my time, but Buff had his own ways and mind, stubborn as a mule. dad says there was never a dog better suited to its owner and we together was the perconification of the saying dogs are like thier owners! LMAO

I was never sure wether it was a good thing or not!:biggrin:

Bill Sykes & Bullseye is an image that comes to mind :sneaky2::001_tongue:

Early days I'm sure & may be a tad insensitive, but I'd imagine finding a new best mate would be the order of the day, right?

Well, my gut says that is the next thing, go to the rescue and look see, like buff find the one that no one can handle and stands so little chance of a second chance and love it to death till it learns to have faith again.

BUT...

I have had a ticket for Carthagena lake for two years, with a dog ban it didnt feel right fishing there without buff so ive not fished it yet. Im going to hammer all the Bigguns outta there over the coming season and then look for a new one once ive bagged a 40lb common to complete the mirror common fourties.