Redwood Forest Hiking Vacation ~ It's this affordable

mdvaden

In redwood related topics, I've seen countless folks posting that they want to see the redwoods. And sometimes I've replied that the journey is inexpensive.

So I sat down tonight and made a few calls to gather firm expenses for a hypothetical one person redwood vacation round trip. I picked Atlanta to Portland out of thin air just for a cross country example.

It's based US east coast to west coast. You would need to tweak the plane flight cost and some minor expense. I've seen flights from Germany or the UK to San Francisco, or Portland, in the $900 US before. So maybe add $500 US dollars to the final total on the page.

Affordable Redwood Vacation Travel by MDV

That page has the basic data in the table.

A full week redwood trip that may be one or two days wages for many of you folks. More days for others, but really quite affordable.

I looked it up a while ago and found out that almost a month travelling light with 3 others in a big RV would be around +/-£1,750 each. (travel from LA/San Fran upto the Redwoods). I can't let apathy take over - i will go in the next few years!

Thanks MDvaden, I have wanted to do this ever since i saw star wars! and then reading "the wild trees" just reminded me of why this place is so special.

Youve put a lot of time and thought into this, and on behalf of all us redwood fans thank you, its appreciated. Might have to stop procrastinating now!

I also want to do the Boreal, taiga, black forest and amazon! Maybe one day i will just sell up and go for it!

great info, thanks for posting, will try and get back to Sedona and those big Redwoods, last went over 10 years ago - excellent experience - would highly recommend seeing the redwoods and your beautiful national parks to anyone - been to Yosemite twice, the wildlifes fantastic

Thanks MDvaden, I have wanted to do this ever since i saw star wars! and then reading "the wild trees" just reminded me of why this place is so special.

Youve put a lot of time and thought into this, and on behalf of all us redwood fans thank you, its appreciated. Might have to stop procrastinating now!

I also want to do the Boreal, taiga, black forest and amazon! Maybe one day i will just sell up and go for it!

I've seen a lot of jungle and it aint a patch on the Coast Redwoods. Get over there!