green laning

Johny Walker

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if its your woodland and you want to chew it up with 4x4's you can do for 28days a year without planning (unless someone complains about noise pollutution, in my experience) shooting, rallying etc are all fine unless you get a local onto the council about noise then they can enforce a stop notice on the activity

if it already has a green lane and you want it stopping, you can apply to your local rights of way authority to put restrictions on it to stop it deteriorating

but there are loads of classes of public access, byways open to all traffic(boats) footpaths bridleways etc

i cant quite suss out if you have a greenlane or want to create one from your post WP

do people pay to do this ?

What...Greenlane? No. Personally I am not interested in Enduro's but I am in the minority as far as that goes.

Contact your local TRF group for more info...:thumbup1:

....they will be sympathetic to your wanting to build a course...if that's what you wanna try and do...?

Groups

As a Landy nutter i would say think really hard abouit having pay and play site. When i first got my defender90 i went to a local one and to be honest was dissapointed with the attitude of a lot of the people there.

They were just thrashing around in there with little regard to any one else. Most of these vehicles were non road legal vehicles , bits hanging off ,no exhaust ,so damn noisy.All they were interested in was how much mud they could get over their vehicle ..... you can see where i am coming from??

Do you want this type of thing on your land?

I went along to get a grip with how my 4wd, diff lock,low box . About an hour later and £25 lighter i had had enough.

What you might want to look at is your local Landrover type club , see if they would want to use it for RTV'S which is a Trial set out and properly organised .All the vehicles must be road legal,check by a scrutineer before they are allowed to take part. Its a much more gentle way of having fun in your 4x4 , you tend to get a much more sensible bunch of people ,who are happy to plod around the site , going through gates set out (with garden canes). Have a good natter , lots of cups of tea and leave your site with little damage .

The one i attend near me is set on a huge peice of land , through the woods and on some hills .They alternate which course they are using , thus allowing the previous course to get back to how it was .

Mark