Stump grinder and operator required in Budleigh Salterton, near sidmouth.

tommer9

Hi guys, need some help. Good friend of mine has just rung asking what i know of stump grinders as he has just hired one from speedy and it is just creating smoke not grinding.

I said i subbied it out every time to one of 2 people. The story unfolds....he is trying to do a job for his aunt as a favour, but is having no luck. She had 20 leylandii removed and the stumps which range from 12" to 24" diameter and are about 6" out of the ground are now left there. Thing is, her gardener of 2 years put his mates on the job (they havent been but he is pushing) and they quoted..........9k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbdown: it turns out the gardener is moving on and it looks very much like he is getting a big back hander. :thumbdown:(Old lady, vulnerable etc). I had this sort of job done recently for hundreds not thousands.

I need someone who can get in there and do the job for the right price. The stumps only have to be taken below ground level and then the lawn can go over them or whatever. The access is excellent- they are next to her driveway. He would dig them out (he has 13 ton swinger and 7.5 ton tipper) but he doesnt want to wreck the drive.

PM me if you can help.:001_smile: