Nissan Navara or Mitsubishi L200

powcaddy

Having ran the l200 for 11 months i have been offered almost what i paid for it last year its on a 54 plate

I have the chance to buy a navara crewcab 04 plate 88000 miles with new engine fiited 12 months ago courtesy of local nissan garage 3000 for cash no vat

Some reports suggest thst the navaras have a better fuel consumption than l200,s and have a better pulling ratio compared to the mitsubishi

There again you here about sob stories about navaras i.e clutches,brakes etc.

I have been impressed with the l200 over the past year it had done 107,000 when i bought it now on 114,500 and i have replaced the battery,starter motor,cambelt and it cost 65 to put through mot.......just curious to ask advice on which vehicle to have-the 1 i know or the 1 to buy?????????

any advice gratefully recieved

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having ran the l200 for 11 months i have been offered almost what i paid for it last year its on a 54 plate

I have the chance to buy a navara crewcab 04 plate 88000 miles with new engine fiited 12 months ago courtesy of local nissan garage 3000 for cash no vat

Some reports suggest thst the navaras have a better fuel consumption than l200,s and have a better pulling ratio compared to the mitsubishi

There again you here about sob stories about navaras i.e clutches,brakes etc.

I have been impressed with the l200 over the past year it had done 107,000 when i bought it now on 114,500 and i have replaced the battery,starter motor,cambelt and it cost 65 to put through mot.......just curious to ask advice on which vehicle to have-the 1 i know or the 1 to buy?????????

any advice gratefully recieved

i have a navara & wont be getting another :thumbdown: very tinny ,got 1, hell of a lazy throttle ,should have & will be getting a disco 3 :thumbup: if l200 is running fine KEEP IT :001_smile: the enginea the prob they like to implode :thumbdown:

I've had one (navara double cab) while I was waiting for my landy to get fixed, I don't rate em TBH. The power is impressive (176 BHP) however the extra tourque of the landy (only 122BHP) makes the landy just as good for towing. The load capacity of the rear axle is very poor despite it being a pickup, while towing its easy to have the bonnet up in the air. The leaf springs give a nasty ride too with an empty trailer, though maybe you get that with the l200 anyway.

I think the navara is a bit of a hairdressers car TBH, it loks the part but is built too light for real work.

I've had one (navara double cab) while I was waiting for my landy to get fixed, I don't rate em TBH. The power is impressive (176 BHP) however the extra tourque of the landy (only 122BHP) makes the landy just as good for towing. The load capacity of the rear axle is very poor despite it being a pickup, while towing its easy to have the bonnet up in the air. The leaf springs give a nasty ride too with an empty trailer, though maybe you get that with the l200 anyway.

I think the navara is a bit of a hairdressers car TBH, it loks the part but is built too light for real work.

choose your words carefully you northern hethern !!:sneaky2: hairdresseres car how dare you :laugh1::lol:

To be honest i would have a pre 2002 navara with the chain driven engine

You only have to look on ebay to see what prices they are making:confused1:

2500 upwards for a tidy 1

I know this may sound stupid but while trying to buy 1 a year ago any 4x4 crewcab on the same redg now is making more money a year older:confused1:

I just find the L200 a bit sluggish off the mark and not very econimcal i.e between 24-28 per gallon

To be honest i would have a pre 2002 navara with the chain driven engine

You only have to look on ebay to see what prices they are making:confused1:

2500 upwards for a tidy 1

I know this may sound stupid but while trying to buy 1 a year ago any 4x4 crewcab on the same redg now is making more money a year older:confused1:

I just find the L200 a bit sluggish off the mark and not very econimcal i.e between 24-28 per gallon

stick wih it , just give it a proper engine flush & service :thumbup1: