waiting on pigeons to leave

flatyre

got a pair of wood pigeons in the shed and they're crapping all over the place, going to fix some anti bird spikes to the rafters and ledges but don't want to evict them if they have a young one about. Have a pair back at the house with a young one who is still finding his feet, just wondering how long before the nest is vacant?

It's usually Stock doves who nest in sheds , but the effect is much the same.

sent from my phone but never in work time.

you are right, they sort of look like the wood pigeons nesting in the sycamore at home but on reflexion, much smaller. True story, last year the local crows were paying a bit too much attention to the wood pigeons nest, heard this commotion one evening and ran out to see what was going on, there in the garden directly below the pigeon nest was a large dead crow and sitting on the lowest branch of the tree was the male wood pigeon (big son of a gun) with a beak full of crow feathers. Killed the crow stone dead!

you are right, they sort of look like the wood pigeons nesting in the sycamore at home but on reflexion, much smaller. True story, last year the local crows were paying a bit too much attention to the wood pigeons nest, heard this commotion one evening and ran out to see what was going on, there in the garden directly below the pigeon nest was a large dead crow and sitting on the lowest branch of the tree was the male wood pigeon (big son of a gun) with a beak full of crow feathers. Killed the crow stone dead!

Their wings pack a punch.

Good on the pigeon.

sent from my phone but never in work time.

I was watching a magpie trying to get to a collared dove nest in a conifer down the road it was hopping round the tree and a dove just flew straight into it and knocked it out of the tree. Plucky I thought.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Arbtalk mobile app

I was watching a magpie trying to get to a collared dove nest in a conifer down the road it was hopping round the tree and a dove just flew straight into it and knocked it out of the tree. Plucky I thought.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Arbtalk mobile app

Good spot, I have often thought that Woodys especially must have something about them.

Their nests are very poorly concealed and should be easy pickings for a crafty corvid. They seem to thrive though so the crows must know there is risk involved.