Battery strimmer for home use?

sandspider

Hi all

As mentioned on another thread, I'm not having much luck with my old Stihl 2-stroke strimmer - can't get the bugger to run right. And it's too old to be worth spending more money and time on it. I was thinking of getting a Florabest 2 stroke strimmer when they come into Lidl next (decent budget machines according to the word on here), but was also toying with the idea of getting a battery strimmer. I quite like the idea of not having another noisy, fumey 2 stroke machine needing fuel, servicing, draining etc.

Strimmer would be for home use only, but I do have a couple of acres, at least the edges of which will need strimming. This includes brambles, bracken, scrub, not just nice grass. (I'd guess 5 - 10 hours use a year perhaps?)

So, would a battery strimmer be up to the job? (Could probably manage with thick strimmer line, but the option of a brush cutter blade would be nice). Will the battery last a reasonable amount of time? If battery strimmers are worth considering, what's a good one to go for? Budget fairly limited - given the florabest 2 stroke strimmer is £80 odd I think, I wouldn't want to spend too much more on a battery alternative.

In fact, I see that Florabest do a battery strimmer too. Has anyone tried one, are they any good?

Thanks.

Hi all

As mentioned on another thread, I'm not having much luck with my old Stihl 2-stroke strimmer - can't get the bugger to run right. And it's too old to be worth spending more money and time on it. I was thinking of getting a Florabest 2 stroke strimmer when they come into Lidl next (decent budget machines according to the word on here), but was also toying with the idea of getting a battery strimmer. I quite like the idea of not having another noisy, fumey 2 stroke machine needing fuel, servicing, draining etc.

Strimmer would be for home use only, but I do have a couple of acres, at least the edges of which will need strimming. This includes brambles, bracken, scrub, not just nice grass. (I'd guess 5 - 10 hours use a year perhaps?)

So, would a battery strimmer be up to the job? (Could probably manage with thick strimmer line, but the option of a brush cutter blade would be nice). Will the battery last a reasonable amount of time? If battery strimmers are worth considering, what's a good one to go for? Budget fairly limited - given the florabest 2 stroke strimmer is £80 odd I think, I wouldn't want to spend too much more on a battery alternative.

In fact, I see that Florabest do a battery strimmer too. Has anyone tried one, are they any good?

Thanks.

Mate if you want something to do the job properly invest in a decent petrol brushcutter. A battery powered machine may be ok around a small garden lawn but anything like brambles, bracken or scrub will need a fair bit of oomph. Buy cheap....buy twice!