Horse Chestnut stump resprouting.. any advice?!

Starscream

As title, a customer from 16 bloody months ago has called complaining that the stump I ground out has resprouted. I went round to take a look and the roots have popped up loads of suckers.. is this common? Did I not grind enough of the stump?

Any advice on how to deal with this greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Surely roundup or such should finish it off. Or even diy solutions such as salt. Trouble is folk dont rise to challenges. They are instantly bewildered and non reactive.

I think i trickled some mucky diesel out a fuel filter on a hc stump at my parents last year. Bit noticed any growth this season.

Sent from my LG-K100 using Arbtalk mobile app

how much of the stump did you grind? usually I try and grind the stump out completely, but I don't bother with roots if the they are under ground. I ground a pop stump and it shot up aload of suckers, yes sir I can sort that i'll get my digger hire in a skip get a load of top soil and re-seed or the customer can spary the little bits off as and when.

I had exactly the same thing a few years back, ground out a HC stump and a bit later a call saying some suckers had popped up in the garden a good few meters away.

He suggested digging it out and regrinding, I laughed in his face, told him to run the mower over them and it'd give up soon enough.

As far as pops go I usually poison and go back when it's definitely dead.