Charcoal bags

sjs5060

Hi, gonna start doin some charcoal to sell. Just wondering about folks opinions/experiences of these instant light bags everyone seems to sell now.

Is there anything special about them? Or are they just paper?

Does anyone have a supplier for smaller bags like this?

Thanks, ste

Hi Steve,

Paper bags are cheaper and can be stapled or stitched (I use a REVO bag stitcher with tape attachment), some people use plastic bags and seal with a heat sealer but it's more cost.

EcoPackaging Ltd are very good with small batch orders, great artwork costs and turnaround of less than 7 days!

These are my bags....ImageUploadedByArbtalk1496647127.674671.jpg.bb721d59e9e169779b6be61ece8cb160.jpg

Matt

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1496647083.641254.jpg.7f8ac5a49a19cf9183ce64fdb1a8708f.jpg

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply.

Your bags look spot on mate and I mite give that firm a try.

I think maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, there seems to be a lot of charcoal sold where there would be say four smaller bags of charcoal inside a 6kg bag and the consumer simply takes one of these small bags, puts it on the bbq and lights the bag, leave for a bit to get going then spread out a cook. Now to me and I'm sure most folk on here it seems a bit daft but with the way society is with not wanting to get their hands dirty and wanting minimal effort I can see how it would appeal to some. What I'm basically wanting to know is does anyone know if these small bags are just shrunken versions of the standard charcoal bags or something different? I've read about some bags having some sort of paraffin coating to get them going? Tho this doesn't seem very environmentally friendly.

Thanks, ste

Would have thought the kind of customer who pays more to buy British charcoal is unlikely to want treated bags. Only guessing though. Native charcoal is much easier to light so other than the not touching the charcoal aspect not a lot to gain.

Hi Steve,

Paper bags are cheaper and can be stapled or stitched (I use a REVO bag stitcher with tape attachment), some people use plastic bags and seal with a heat sealer but it's more cost.

EcoPackaging Ltd are very good with small batch orders, great artwork costs and turnaround of less than 7 days!

These are my bags....[ATTACH]221137[/ATTACH][ATTACH]221138[/ATTACH]

Matt

Those bags look great, I have looked at this, I was able to make the charcoal and it was good stuff, however the cost of the bags was just too much, what sort of ball park figure do you think based on say a small qty of 100 ? and did they come with one end already sewn

Those bags look great, I have looked at this, I was able to make the charcoal and it was good stuff, however the cost of the bags was just too much, what sort of ball park figure do you think based on say a small qty of 100 ? and did they come with one end already sewn

These any good? https://www.selway.co.uk/product/coppice-british-bbq-sack-med-305x125x740-pack-of-50-2/

Buster, best thing is to call Jo at Eco Packaging: 07928336747 and explain what you need.

I got 3 & 6kg bags, they're sewing at one end.

The artwork costs were just the printing plates that had to be made up as I had done the artwork myself - the Stag logo is an image that I purchased the rights to from iStock., the plates were £40 each from memory and I needed 3.

• 2 weeks later...