Hayfever

Steve Bullman

Anyone else suffer with this? Been getting it worse and worse the past few years. Don't have running nose etc etc, but what i do get is very short of breath. Particularly bad this year, not sure if its the rape thats about or just everything. Wondering if theres anything over the counter people take for this sort of thing? yes I know I should see a doctor, but too busy!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I became canny allergic to grass pollen between 35 and 37. I'd had hayfever in the past but nothing like that. There's a few different types of anti-histamines that can be bought without prescription. I found it was pretty much trial and error. They can alledgedly make you drowsy, but I've never noticed those effects. Might be worth asking the quack or even NHS (tel: 111) about containdications though, as shortness of breath and potential sedative effects of medicine could be something best avoided.

I get it quite bad the last few years esp if I strikes grass. I've never had it before so don't know why I would get it now. My face swells up with very sore streaming eyes.

I went to Mexico last year ant two days in I thought I had the flu which I was taking decongestants for, somebody said in passing that I had bad heyfeaver so I took piriton ant it cleared up about85%.

Can you be tested and given injections?