Land Ownership

doubledd

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to find out who owns a piece of land?

Said piece of land has had all it's trees felled a number of years ago but there are still large pieces left behind. I'd like to collect some but I'd like to ask permission first.

I assume it's council land but unsure.

Any help much appreciated.

D

Edited by doubledd

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think anyone would mind, if you just went and moved it. Just make sure you leave the land how you found it, minus logs of course :)

'I got to respectfully disagree . You don't know why Its been left . Could just be being seasoned were it lays till its convenient for the land owner to collect it . Could be being left as habitat etc etc . You have got to ask first .

I really don't think anyone would mind, if you just went and moved it. Just make sure you leave the land how you found it, minus logs of course :)

You are of course joking! Arn't you:001_rolleyes: I've got some logs and trunks "left lying about' on some of my ground and if someone took it upon themselves to remove them I'd go absolutely ape! Its theft plain and simple:thumb down: Caught someone once who was loading up the back of his Volvo Estate - Yes, a volvo estate - you know the type:001_rolleyes: When I asked him what he thought he was doing he thought it was OK to to take them! The fact I had fell the trees, burn't the tops, cut it all into logs with a chainsaw! he thought it was OK to take them - raging by now(get the picture!) Anyway I asked him to put them back, he began to throw them on the ground at the back of his car, until I explained I wanted them put back where he got them from - 150 yards into the wood:001_huh: I waited till he carried them all back from where they came from, then wished him a good day! or words to that effect:001_rolleyes:

I caught someone taking logs of one of my stacks . I asked them what they thought they were doing ...They said " they wont mind , there is loads of it " I said ok . were abouts do you live then ? They said why ? I said well I thought I might just pop round and see whats in your fridge , maybe I could take some milk or a bit of cheese . Perhaps you got some tools in your shed I could take ....They got the message and put them back .

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to find out who owns a piece of land?

Said piece of land has had all it's trees felled a number of years ago but there are still large pieces left behind. I'd like to collect some but I'd like to ask permission first.

I assume it's council land but unsure.

Any help much appreciated.

D

If the logs are lying around and have been for a number of years, and access isn't to bad, I'd just chance it and take em..

You've searched for the ownership of the land, what more can you do?..and I take it there isn't a sign saying to keep off the logs..

PS, if you do happen to get a few logs, and you're stopped on the way out, and the owner wants you to take em back to the exact spot you picked em up from.. `be prepared to shove them up the fella's arse..