Bird control Spikes on trees?

benedmonds

Bird landing in tree; shock horror. Might see it if it is a large bird on a particular branch and pooing on a car. I saw a similar application to remove a TPO tree for bird poo reasons. Answer don't park under the tree; or get a car cover; there was more available drive space.

Also had one about placing a hot tub under TPO tree necessitating removal advice; err...don't put hot tub under the tree. I did see it was a sunny position. Nowt so queer as folk.

Perhaps a tad easy to be dismissive here..."how ridiculous" but having been a TPO TO in a previous life I'm very well aware of the impact this problem can have on people's enjoyment of their garden / patio etc., usually combined with the problems and nuisances of living near such a big tree, e.g. needles falling and blocking gutters etc. etc.

So I think you're right to seek a solution, albeit never found one, or at least to mitigate the effects. The practicalities of what you're proposing with spikes may be a limiting factor as they'll simply move to the next branch...above.

Ultimately "moving house", a seemingly very extreme measure, might be the only absolute solution...till the next owner of course.

Those who are thinking, we they bought the house knowing...etc etc, remember the LPA, responsible for both development and tree protection, approved the layout and hence I don't consider they can be simply dismissive on these grounds as they've contributed to the problem.

Sorry, just a load of pointless waffle really...:blushing:

TTFN..

Paul (just about to head of to the Emerald Isle fer a coupla days...perks of the job.)

IMO the houses should not have been built so close to the trees, but they have and the garden is basically tree. The issue of the birds is a real one, the small patio area beneath is pretty grim.

I think bird spikes could work as if placed on particular horizontal branches the birds would sit elsewhere and have a different target.. But interested in the most suitable attachment method.

They could be screwed on.. Would you need TPO approval..? Or cable tied, possible constriction issues?

Perhaps a tad easy to be dismissive here..."how ridiculous" but having been a TPO TO in a previous life I'm very well aware of the impact this problem can have on people's enjoyment of their garden / patio etc., usually combined with the problems and nuisances of living near such a big tree, e.g. needles falling and blocking gutters etc. etc.

So I think you're right to seek a solution, albeit never found one, or at least to mitigate the effects. The practicalities of what you're proposing with spikes may be a limiting factor as they'll simply move to the next branch...above.

Ultimately "moving house", a seemingly very extreme measure, might be the only absolute solution...till the next owner of course.

Those who are thinking, we they bought the house knowing...etc etc, remember the LPA, responsible for both development and tree protection, approved the layout and hence I don't consider they can be simply dismissive on these grounds as they've contributed to the problem.

Sorry, just a load of pointless waffle really...:blushing:

TTFN..

Paul (just about to head of to the Emerald Isle fer a coupla days...perks of the job.)

Where in Ireland are you going?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk