Can you believe it, bloody pikies

Dean Lofthouse

We were only discussing security the other day and I mentioned that I spread used shotgun cartridges infront of my two containers and that, touch wood, no one has had a go at them yet.

I spoke too soon.

Went down yesterday to find they have attached a chain to the locking bars and tried to rive the doors off both containers.

They were on mud so haven't been able to do so although they came close.

What pee's me off is there is nothing in apart from the tractor and some summer tyres and wheels for the landy, oh and a porta loo.

The damage is horrendous, taken me half a day just straightening things so I can shut the doors.

The problem with the doors is they could open all the locks bars from the outside and open the doors a couple of inch to get the hooks on the door.

If I had had a bolt on the inside of the first door, something like a pad bolt that locks into a hole in the floor and ceiling, they wouldn't have got anywhere near opening the doors. Just a tip for you container owners.

I have also ordered one of those Trail cams from america £150 inc Postage, you can hide them in a log pile to take pictures or short movie clips when activated by a sensor for upto a month at 5 Mega pixel and they do it on infra red so can't be seen.

Picture or movie clips can be off loaded from the SD card to your computer. Really handy bit of kit, recommended to me by a friend who had some good results from one.

Look on ebay for them as they are £399 over here

Will be handy for finding out who is nicking my logs as well .

http://www.pointerproducts.co.uk/trail-scout-nightvision-p-1526.html

We were only discussing security the other day and I mentioned that I spread used shotgun cartridges infront of my two containers and that, touch wood, no one has had a go at them yet.

I spoke too soon.

Went down yesterday to find they have attached a chain to the locking bars and tried to rive the doors off both containers.

They were on mud so haven't been able to do so although they came close.

What pee's me off is there is nothing in apart from the tractor and some summer tyres and wheels for the landy, oh and a porta loo.

The damage is horrendous, taken me half a day just straightening things so I can shut the doors.

The problem with the doors is they could open all the locks bars from the outside and open the doors a couple of inch to get the hooks on the door.

If I had had a bolt on the inside of the first door, something like a pad bolt that locks into a hole in the floor and ceiling, they wouldn't have got anywhere near opening the doors. Just a tip for you container owners.

I have also ordered one of those Trail cams from america £150 inc Postage, you can hide them in a log pile to take pictures or short movie clips when activated by a sensor for upto a month at 5 Mega pixel and they do it on infra red so can't be seen.

Picture or movie clips can be off loaded from the SD card to your computer. Really handy bit of kit, recommended to me by a friend who had some good results from one.

Look on ebay for them as they are £399 over here

Will be handy for finding out who is nicking my logs as well .

http://www.pointerproducts.co.uk/trail-scout-nightvision-p-1526.html

For christs sake don't hide your new cam in the log pile if they're nicking your logs!:alberteinstein:

For christs sake don't hide your new cam in the log pile if they're nicking your logs!:alberteinstein:

They're nicking my split logs, I'm going to hide the cam elsewhere in a pile of unsplit rings. It comes with a bracket and security cable. You can attach and lock it to a large pice of 30" trunk and then stack smaller rings round it.

Could disguise it as a nest or squirrel drey up a tree??

use the picture function on the camera as the video options on them are shocking! if its the same as mine it will take a burst of three pics once a minute which are a lot clearer than the video, i also have mine wrapped in a £5 roll of camo tape just to break up the out line.

if that fails try this bad boy! http://www.airpistol.co.uk/alarm_gun_tripwire_activated.htm

at least they didnt get in! police recon round here they know whats in everyones sheds and just go back when they are after the specific tool or machine,

Thanks for that tip Charlie.

I have used the alarm mine before and then decided that wasn't good enough so set about making MK2 "The squash ball Canon"

The picture below shows one that takes a squash ball, used to have it in my van. I didn't have a squash ball one day so while I got one I stuffed a plastic bag into the barrel to keep the damp from getting to the cartridge.

Van side door jammed one morning, forgetting about my MK2 I endend up pushing the jammed door open and shooting myself in the chest with a plastic bag.

Four bruised ribs and a knackered t shirt.

Imagine what a squash ball would have done, don't mind pikies getting it but had to get rid of my canon, firstly for my own safety :wave: and second because I would never have got it added to my firearms certificate.

A farmer where I used to tip firewood was so sick of his barns and storage containers being broken into he wired up some old unused bird scares inside his containers, 170bd of shear noise pain.

Not sure if he had any success tho, but your not gonna hang around with those going off every few seconds.

I am pleased for you that the thieves did not get in, even if there was not much for them to steal. kit.

Thieves came back to our yard, Friday befor elast, cut the lock of the container and broke into the shed too. Did not take anything, as nothing to take! Nonetheless, perturbing to know that some thieves are actively keeping tabs on us (assuming it was the same set of thieves as in December).

We have split log thief too.

Like the cannon! Thought of electrocution upon unauthorised opening of container! Sods law though, someone forgets and bang, or rather, sizzle, there goes the groundie!