Efco MTT 2500 top handle

chris hennelly

£400 is expensive as its be a revised model of there mt2600 that already out, there not bad but there quality is much better than the £80 pound chinky stuff of timberpro n that on ebay and looks the same , quality is on par i would say to the AMA toppers that jones use to sell. when the ms150t and the echo cs2511tes is around £380 for the big brands. u have used efco stuff not bad but there prices in the last 8 years have doubled making them more expensive or around the same money as the big boys of the industry. i remember then you could pick up there 100cc saw for £650 and there 52cc mark for around £300

So....I've been given an Efco 2500 to product test.

Its going to retail for about £400.

Probably competing with Echo and Makita.

Does anyone use these top handles?

Is decision to buy price driven?

I use Stihl so not a fair comparison.

Useful input appreciated.

Keep safe. c.

For what ive seen the efco's gonna be over 400 notes...pretty pricey conscidering the echo 2511's about 350quid.

I have a 40cc small rear handle oleomac (same as efco). It is a good saw but does not seems reliable like the big brands and could be a pain to find spare parts. I only got it because of a good 2nd hand deal.

I used a old top handle (35cc) and it seems ok.

I like to check the non-big names everytime I need a tool or somehing the problem is what some people already posted here...they cost the same as "better" saws so for me is a no.

On the other hand you can get some makitas/dolmar top handle sub €300. Have to check it someday.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Arbtalk mobile app

littlerob,thanks for the reply!

Much appreciated,funnily enough,doing this for a firm in wisbech!

Regards,chris h.

guess that would be clarks mowers or cambs trading to be honest i wouldn't spend my money on any dealer in the area as there not worth a carrot the pair of them. cambs trading bought a mower of them for 700 pound was 3 weeks old and broke the rear flap for the grass bag ask to get a replacement part said i dont care if i have to pay for it i just need it. baring in mind the mower was new and under warranty popping in every week for 2 years and same old rubbish not arrived yet after that gave up asking. clarkes mowers ask for a oil pump to be put in a ms211. he said 75 pound said fine collected it a week later was like don't seem to be oiling right so checked it out what did i got for my money not a new oil pump but the filter taken of the oil feed pipe from the oil tank to pick up the oil better. so take caution is my advice