Padlock recommendation

miker

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CISA heavy duty padlocks are the ones I think you mean by container types. I work in construction and have personally had containers broken into where the lock didn't fail but the weld on the container did. I'll try and dig the photo out on my laptop it was about 3 years ago it happened. Hope that is of some help even if I can't find the photos

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Arbtalk mobile app

Do you mean you want to lock a container, or lock up some chains with a padlock?

If you're locking up a chain then it's best to have the chain off the ground at the point where you attach the lock to protect the padlock from hammer/chisel attacks and make it harder to use a grinder on it. Of course they could just cut the chain around the padlock, so no point getting a padlock that's too expensive.

You can buy the Squire ws75s for £60 at MachineMart

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/squire-ws75s-container-lock/?da=1&TC=GS-090210075&gclid=CO7u0a3J29ACFdS4GwodAHsNnw

Lock some chains together,the container locks look like they would be the best as in not being able to get bolt cutters on the shackle,agree with the chain being up high/loose

i know if the bastards really want to cut them they will, just trying to make it as hard as possible/noisy for them

cheers