Community speed watches

Steve Bullman

These really piss me off. If i get a speeding ticket from the police thats a fair cop, you do the crime you do the time etc. But these 'community volunteers' really get on my wick, I refuse to accept they have any authority to even carry out this task, and I also very much doubt they are whiter than white themselves when it comes to speeding.

I have had 2 letters now from the police with regards to being clocked by these people. Both times they said this was a first warning, and a second time could result in points and a fine.

Wondering if this is just a bluff, and if its even legal for the police to take action based on the results of these community speed watches.

More of a rant than anything this is :001_rolleyes:

Save

These really piss me off. If i get a speeding ticket from the police thats a fair cop, you do the crime you do the time etc. But these 'community volunteers' really get on my wick, I refuse to accept they have any authority to even carry out this task, and I also very much doubt they are whiter than white themselves when it comes to speeding.

I have had 2 letters now from the police with regards to being clocked by these people. Both times they said this was a first warning, and a second time could result in points and a fine.

Wondering if this is just a bluff, and if its even legal for the police to take action based on the results of these community speed watches.

More of a rant than anything this is :001_rolleyes:

Save

Next time swerve into the wankers, the reflection of the sun in the lens temporarily blinded you.

I hate them too, it's not what they're doing particularly, it's that it's a bunch of over the hill retirees with nothing to do and this gives them a sense of purpose/authority.

Police speed camera operators are paid civilians, at least they are around here.

You will never get a ticket no matter how many times you get caught by CSW.

The worst that will happen is you will get a visit at home by the Police to tell you how naughty you have been.

And yes, CSW are a bunch of wankers with nothing better to do with their time.

Police speed camera operators are paid civilians, at least they are around here.

You will never get a ticket no matter how many times you get caught by CSW.

The worst that will happen is you will get a visit at home by the Police to tell you how naughty you have been.

And yes, CSW are a bunch of wankers with nothing better to do with their time.

This is what I suspected

Next time I might pull over if I have nothing better to do and just get in the way